Ballroom Competition Trainer
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Krogholm IT
Ballroom Competition Trainer uses media stored in the commonly accessible Android Media Library on your device. Songs or playlists that are stored on the SD-card will be automatically included in this library.
Some music apps, like e.g. Google Play Music, store their media privately outside of the Android Media Library. Such media will not be accessible to Ballroom Competition Trainer.
If you are unsure about how your media is stored, you can start by downloading the free version of Ballroom Competition Trainer to see if your media can be accessed from within the app.
Ballroom Competition Trainer is a valuable tool for the dedicated Ballroom Dancer, who wishes to prepare for e.g. a competition final in the most realistic musical settings.
Without Ballroom Competition Trainer, preparing the proper music for training sessions can be difficult and tedious. You may be spending a lot of time in various music editing applications, trimming your songs to a given duration, and afterwards arranging them in a fixed playlist.
Worst of all: This means that you will often end up practicing to the same songs in the same order session after session. This again means that you will not be trained for a competition setting in which you don't know what music will be played.
Furthermore, this approach is inflexible. Imagine that for one session you might like to dance 1:30 minutes of each dance, but for the next session you would like to dance 2:00 minutes. You would probably need to redo the entire music editing procedure to construct a new playlist.
Ballroom Competition Trainer is completely on-the-fly configurable, and eliminates all these downsides of having to prepare your music.
App features include:
* 4 pre-defined sessions (Standard, Latin, Smooth and Rhythm)
* You can create your own custom sessions
* 20 pre-defined templates (19 WDSF dances and 1 generic pause)
* You can create your own custom templates to use as building blocks for your training sessions
* You can create your own custom sequence of dances, pauses and intervals
* Selection of overall dance duration, pause duration, interval duration and fade duration
* Optional selection of individual durations for each dance, pause and interval
* Optional randomization of dance and pause durations
* Optional sequence repetition to use for e.g. endurance training
* Connection of individual dances, pauses and intervals to playlists or individual songs on your device
* Random selection of songs for each dance (no two practice sessions will be the same)
* Optional tempo control (MPM or BPM) to restrict the number of valid songs for individual dances or intervals (e.g. only Quicksteps at 52 MPM)
* Optional playback of sounds during the pauses (e.g. audience applause or dance announcements)
* Session Readout for review and management of your training session as it is being played
* In-app instructions, helping you through the initial app configuration
Once you have configured playlists or picked individual songs for each of your dances, all of the above features can be controlled on an ad-hoc basis, and adjusted within seconds during your training sessions. This enables you to focus on perfecting your dancing skills, rather than acting as a DJ.
Minor bug fixes