Begin Perl Programming
What is PERL?
- Perl is a stable, cross platform programming language.
- Perl stands for Practical Extraction and Report Language.
- It is used for mission critical projects in the public and private sectors.
- Perl is an Open Source software, licensed under its Artistic License, or the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Perl was created by Larry Wall.
- Perl 1.0 was released to usenet's alt.comp.sources in 1987
- Perl is listed in the Oxford English Dictionary.
PC Magazine named Perl a finalist for its 1998 Technical Excellence Award in the Development Tool category.
learn perl programming, beginning perl programming, advance perl, network programming with perl