Crete Travel Guide
by: Anteos • 1
Crete is a major tourist attraction: Lying in the South-east Mediterranean Sea, this Greek island offers places of astonishing natural beauty: gorgeous, sandy beaches, breathtaking gorges and traditional, picturesque old towns with Venetian era architecture.
A place of history and heritage, still a modern island with residents who make it special to the visitor - the Cretan hospitality is renowned.
This application is the ultimate must-have accessory for your travel to Crete.
A summary of the massive content:
- General information on the island.
- About Crete: how to go, climate, geography, culture, language, currency, history, mythology, nightlife, cuisine, transportation, product prices table, useful numbers, recommended clothing & gear and health information.
- Regions Information: Specific info from each of the 4 prefectures, maps, and a focus towards sightseeing areas.
- Shopping guide: supermarkets, public markets, handicrafts, souvenirs, food and apparel.
- Photo gallery: high quality images from the places you should not miss to visit.
- GPS-enabled Places of Interest: Top sightseeing areas are pinpointed on your device map, allowing you to navigate to them.
- Cuisine photo gallery: Pictures from famous Cretan dishes with descriptions.
- YouTube video playlist: videos used to promote tourism on the island.