With "PowerPoint Mouse Controller" you get a fully functional mouse to control your PC and a remote control for your PowerPoint presentations. Touchpad, buttons, gyroscope : absolutely no limitation in this app !
Mouse behavior :
- a normal “touchpad” plus the three classical mouse buttons
- Click, double click, middle button and even left drag and drop (long click) work.
- a keyboard to enter/send text (long click on the right button)
PowerPoint behavior :
- open a powerpoint document (on the PC or with the remote mouse).
- Long press on the middle button of the remote mouse and the slideshow starts. Long press again to stop it.
- change slides with buttons or +- volume switch or swipe on the touchpad
- you can see the slides in real time on the smartphone
- you can see the notes of each slide
- if you long press the right button then you can select “swipe mode”, “pointer mode” or “pen mode”
- with “pointer mode” the mouse pointer is active and you can use it to select any hyperlink into the slideshow
- with “pen mode” you simply can annotate your slideshow
- in "Swipe mode" hidden buttons are laocated on the left and right sides of the touchpad
- left side from top to bottom, switch between ; Slide only, Slide + Notes, Notes only
- right side from top to bottom, increase/decrease the text font of the notes
- You get a Gyroscope Pointer if you keep pressed the left button
- you can jump on any slide you want
How to connect :
Both the PC and the Android device must be on the same wifi or Bluetooth network.
It can be one of these four configurations :
- A local network on which both the PC and the Android are connected
- The Android acting as a wifi hotspot on which the PC connects
- The PC acting as a wifi hotspot on which the Android connects
-- PC and Android paired over Bluetooth
In any case (excepted Bluetooth) the firewall must allow the application flux. If not, it won’t work !
The connection is fully automatic (no IP address to write). Launch the PC App first, then launch the Android App and, provided the firewall is OK, the connection immediately starts.
If not... try to launch a network ping "Try Ping connection"
if this fails also, you can always configure manually the IP address and port
Where is the PC executable :
You can donwload it here : http://mytrack.free.fr/JGapps/PowerPointMouseController/
The PowerPointMouse_PCserver.exe file is also embedded into the Android App. If you press the menu button then a mail (or google drive sending) will be proposed to you containing the .exe for the PC server.
No installation is needed. It is as simple as detaching the file, dropping it on your hard drive and double clicking to launch it.
This exe has been tested on XP32bits, seven 32bits, seven 64bits and eight 64 bits
If the exe crashes (missing dll), try to use the "PC server setup" option in the menu to get a mail with the installation folder attached. Unzip and launch setup.exe
If you don't have mail... the two files are in the installation folder in your device under : Android.data/fr.free.julienGley/PowerPointMouse