Looping Video Recorder
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
This application allows looped recording, ie you can specify a file size or time limit for each file, (whichever limit is hit first, file size or file duration, will cause the next file to start recording) and the number of files to keep (when it reaches the file limit it will start overwriting the oldest files). Background recording is supported, so you can turn your screen off to save battery.
This app uses the same video recording engine as my Dashboard Camera app which is free (search DashCam and look for the same icon), so if you'd like to check that video recording works for your device before purchasing you can install the Dashboard Camera app to test it. Note DashCam uses in-app-billing to unlock premium features, but you can 'try before you buy' to test if they work, which will allow you to test the features which are included with this app as standard. This app also allows specifying a file size limit which the dashboard camera app doesn't - it only supports file duration limit. And this app also allows much longer files to be generated.
If you encounter a problem, please consider using the Email Developer link below rather than just leaving a low rating, that way I can attempt to resolve the problem for you ASAP.
* Background video recording.
* Notification for background recording with stop recording, keep current video and open application actions - all three available together only from Honeycomb (Android 3.0+).
* Set file duration, and number of files to keep - oldest files automatically removed.
* Disable recording beep - only available on Jelly Bean MR1 (Android 4.2+).
* Tap screen to store current file permanently while app is running.
* Video preview with the option to disable preview while recording (reduces battery usage).
* Select storage folder location.
* KitKat SD Card access supported.
* Estimated storage requirements and warning if these exceed available space.
* Current file duration display while app is active.
* Disable sound recording (mute) from settings
* Lock App Orientation
* Configure Camera Rotation Offset - Some devices incorrectly report the orientation of the camera, causing a rotated image, this can be manually corrected.
* No ads / no internet connection required for use.
* Auto Start Stop Recording - When App starts, on Paired Bluetooth profile connect/disconnect, on Dock connect/disconnect (or power connected).
* Set Video Resolution - NB This feature is limited to only max or min resolution for Gingerbread and earlier (Before Android 3.0).
* Set Video Frame rate
* Lock the camera focus on infinity (experimental feature).
* Manage stored and temporary files - Permanently keep temporary files, delete files, view files (using the default player for mp4 files, this may require installing a 3rd party player of your choice).
* Clear all storage
Files are written to the subfolder "/LVR under the location you select.
Files you tap to keep are moved to subfolder "/LVR/Keep"
Caveats / Known issues:
Some older phones ignore the video rotation when recording. The Nexus One for example. This means if you mount these phones at an orientation other than their default the video will appear rotated on playback. This happens with the stock camera too.
If you close the app while recording, or if it is backgrounded when receiving a phone call, and you have the video preview while recording turned on, you will lose the preview until the next file starts recording.
Updated Icon to differentiate from the DashCam App
Pinch Zoom enabled if supported (only while previewing, NOT while recording)
Settings option to keep ALL recordings.