Made in Chelsea
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Craig Paardekooper
The app allows you to -
1. create a virtual business card, and
2. broadcast it to other app users when they are in close proximity to you.
(This is achieved through using geo-location)
3. view the business cards of all other app users who are nearby, ordered by distance from you.
4. save favourite business cards to your phone
5. send a call or sms nearby cards.
A GREAT TOOL FOR EVENT ORGANISERS
This app is an excellent tool for event organisers, especially if they are running networking events such as conferences, business breakfasts or tradeshows. Simply ask each attendee to install the app. Then they can view the business cards of all other app users ordered by distance from them in meters.
You can save favourite business cards to your mobile phone, and filter all the cards by keyword or industry.
GOODWAY TO MAKE INTRODUCTIONS
If you see a card you like, and if they are nearby, then you can drop them an SMS for a quick meet. It's a great way to make first introductions.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
So please spread the word by inviting all your contacts to join the Made in Chelsea Hub too (by clicking the "Invite" button)
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS OF THIS APP :
1. Instead of having to hand out business cards, this app allows you to create a virtual business card, and then broadcast your business card to other app users who are nearby, for example, to everyone at a business breakfast, conference or trade show.
2. You can view the business cards of other app users nearby, so this app would be useful when you are at an event, and you would like to know a little bit about people before you approach them. It would be a good ice breaker, and a fast way of establishing common ground.
3. This app is an efficient way of gathering the business cards of all the people at an event, when it is not possible to walk around and speak to everyone.
4. This app is an easy way of not losing other peoples' cards, because the app allows you to save their digital card on your phone.
5. If you have ever tried sorting through a mountain of business cards then you will know how tough that can be. This app is a good way of sorting your cards, because you can search them by industry or any other keyword.
6. This app displays the distance of business card users from you, so you will always know when a contact is near by. So it is a good way to arrange face-to-face meetings that are convenient to both of you.
7. This app enables you to quickly find tradesmen or services that are nearest to you in meters - so it encourages local community, and also helps people with shared interests to link up locally.
8. Removes the competition. There may be many people offering the same services in your town, but viewers in your local area will always see YOU at the top, because you are nearest.
9. This app is cheaper than using a printed business card.