1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
This app is the world’s first mathematical calculator on Android oriented around a spreadsheet that allows live editing of mathematical identities combined with highly accurate computations. It is based on a powerful touch-screen editor that allows users to create and manipulate naturally readable mathematical expressions containing all basic mathematical notations.
The app contains one worksheet that can be freely edited, several pages with examples and a documentation page. The whole worksheet and any example page can be stored on SD card and exported into LaTeX document (SD writing permission is needed). This version supports the following types of objects that can be inserted in the worksheet:
- A constant that can be presented as a number of an expression. There are built-in constants pi and e.
- An interval variable that changes from given minimum value up to given maximum value with given step.
- A function of one argument. The function expression can contain any other functions defined in the worksheet or built-in functions and operators in combination.
- A graph for a function defined in the worksheet. In this version, only one function can be plotted within one graph object, but the number of graph objects is not limited. The plot parameters like a line width and line color, label number and label color, plot size can be adjusted.
- A text field that contains an arbitrary text.
This version has some mathematical limitations: it does not support complex numbers, functions of many arguments, special functions, vectors, matrices, integration, differentiation and many other things from high-level mathematics. This is the first version and it supports school-level of mathematical calculations only.
If you need more mathematics (like functions of many arguments, plots for several functions, 3D plots, summation and product operations, derivative and definite integrals, logical operators), please look at micro Mathematics Plus version.
Keywords: mathematics, calculator, plotter, Mathcad®, LaTeX
Languages: English, Russian
P.S. In 1989, the author was impressed by Mathcad on DOS. Like Mathcad, this app enables live editing of typeset mathematical notation, combined with its automatic computations. Note that the files saved from Mathcad can NOT be opened in this app.
Mathcad® is a registered trademark of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and in other countries.
Documentation is significantly reworked. Into the main navigation menu added a link to the printable documentation in PDF format.