Nexus 5 Real Volume Booster
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Marc Robillard
THIS APP WILL HELP FIX THE LOW VOLUME ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEXUS 5
WILL ONLY WORK ON THE NEXUS 5, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL TO OTHER DEVICES
PRO VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE
PRO Version has same functionnality as the FREE version.
Advantages of PRO version
- No ADS
- You help support my work
- You have my eternal gratitude
- You feel so much better about yourself
- I can buy myself half a cup of coffee (to help me stay alert while working on the app of course)
Click HERE to be redirected to the PRO version.
Thank you for your support
- This app is only meant to be used on the Nexus 5 running 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.4.4 and L Preview
- Requires a custom recovery (Tested with TWRP and CWM)
- Backup First
- App will ask for root if you use the "Reboot to recovery button"
I will not be held responsible if you damage your speakers, your device or your ears. Use at your own risk.
Please don't enter absurd values, try to stick with the in-app recommendations.
This app is not your standard volume booster app which will usually distort the audio. It will modify your mixer_paths.xml file with the values you entered.
You can modify Speaker and Headphone volumes seperately.
1- Enter desired volume values.
2- Hit "Save"
3- Hit "Reboot to Custom Recovery" (requires root, if you dont have root, reboot into recovery as you normally would)
4- Install /sdcard/N5VolumeBoost.zip via Custom Recovery
For more information check out my XDA Developers thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/app-nexus-5-real-volume-booster-t2688313">HERE
- Android L Support
- App now reads your current sound file and modifies only the values it needs to instead of completely overwriting your existing file.
This protects any other modifications, you or one of you apps may have made to your sound file, from being ovewritten by the app. It also pretty much makes the app future proof as a new version will not be needed every time there is a new Android version.