Operator’s Dictionary RU-EN
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Smooth Operator LLC
Operator’s Dictionary offers to a specialist in dentistry and maxillofacial surgery a wide selection of words, collocations and phrases starting with common vocabulary and ending up with highly specialized terms. Practically all lexical units have two versions of transcription and a sound file. Alphabetical and full-text search allows to find in a fraction of a second single words and phrases as well as to make contextual selections from all the dictionary contents.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary contains words and lexical units you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
∙ Headword search
∙ Full text search
∙ Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
∙ Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
∙ Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
∙ Similar words search in case of misspelling
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Translate unknown words or phrases from any application, including web browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• English and Russian morphology modules help to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making the Dictionary a must-have for any language scholar.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.