SecondScreen is an application designed for power users that frequently connect their Android devices to external displays. It provides tools to give you the best big screen experience possible – for example, you can change your device's resolution and density to fit your TV or monitor, enable always-on desktop mode in Chrome, and even turn your device's backlight off. With SecondScreen, you can turn your existing Android device into a set top box, a game console, or even a PC replacement!
Featured on XDA-Developers, Android Police, and AndroidHeadlines!
PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
• This app REQUIRES a rooted device!
• For devices with AOSP or stock (Google) Android ROMs ONLY; app is not guaranteed to function properly on devices with manufacturer-skinned ROMs.
• This app is designed for devices with support for mirroring to external displays, which may require either an MHL/SlimPort adapter, or a wireless screen mirroring solution such as Miracast or Chromecast.
• A Bluetooth keyboard/mouse or game controller is strongly recommended.
• Easily change resolution and density (DPI) - take full advantage of the resolution of your external display, and show the Android tablet interface if you're using a phone
• Simple profile-based interface - easy to enable/disable different profiles for different types of displays
• Many configurable options, including:
• Automatically enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi - quickly connect a keyboard, mouse, and/or game controller
• Automatically enable Daydreams
• Show desktop sites in Chrome by default - browse the real Web, on your TV!
• Lock screen orientation to landscape
• Overscan support for older TVs (Android 4.3+)
• Disable device backlight and/or vibration - save battery while your device is connected (not compatible with all devices)
This full version of SecondScreen contains these additional features (not found in the free version):
• Full integration with Tasker
• Load profiles automatically when a display is connected
• Quick Actions - quickly and easily run SecondScreen features without creating or editing profiles
• Homescreen shortcuts - launch a profile with one tap, without entering the app
• Imports all of your saved profiles and settings from the free version
Explanation of permissions:
• "full permission to all device features and storage" - root access required to change resolution/DPI, disable backlight/vibration, enable desktop-only mode in Chrome
• "connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi", "view Wi-Fi connections" - required for profiles to enable Wi-Fi
• "access Bluetooth settings", "pair with Bluetooth devices" - required for profiles to enable Bluetooth
• "close other apps" - required to refresh the user interface after a resolution/DPI change. Ensure all data is saved before launching a profile.
• "run at startup" - required to show SecondScreen profile notification after a (soft/hard) reboot
• "modify system settings" - required for profiles to lock rotation and set brightness