Swipe for Feedly
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Personalize with your favorite sources
- Automatically refreshes
- Brings information to a space you already use
- Controls not quite smooth
Download Swipe for Feedly
Get the news you love to read right on your lockscreen
Swipe: Lock Screen News is just what it sounds like - subscribe to news feeds that you enjoy, and watch their current stories pop up right on your lockscreen.
Supposedly, the average smartphone user (that's YOU, buddy!) turns on their device 110 times each and every day. Imagine if each of those times offered information to keep you up-to-the-minute with tech news, celeb gossip, or just the best of internet weirdness. Personalize Swipe to display just the news you're interested in, and then enjoy checking it out every time you see your lockscreen.
Controls are simple - a swipe right unlocks your screen like normal, swiping left scrolls through more current stories, and down reveals details about the story on the screen. The one complaint I have is that the controls seem just a little sticky - I couldn't get my stories to scroll quite as smoothly as I wanted. It's a neat idea, though, and definitely useful for keeping up with what's happening on your favorite news sites.Developer's original description available here
Swipe for Feedly is the fastest way to read your news on a phone. With Swipe, you won’t miss out on anything that matters to you. No need to do the extra steps to get the information that you need now. Just wake up your phone to access the stories that matter to you.
• All news subscriptions are synced with Feedly - if you are already a Feedly user, all of your existing subscriptions will be automatically available on your lock screen.
• Choose your own news resources - .Read the stories that you wan’t, by subscribing to the resources that matter to you. We offer International Search Support.
• Read Later - In a rush and don’t have time to read the article? Save it and read it later. Works with Pocket and Evernote.
• Share with Friends - If you like a story, you can easily share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and many others.
"It only solves one, but very keen problem - introduces you to new articles from your favorite web-pages" - LifeHacker
"On your lock screen, you’ll see a cool-looking display that features a funky design that changes color depending on the news story." - Tom Dawson, AndroidHeadlines
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how Swipe for Feedly could be improved, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about it on http://www.getswipe.co/
Follow us on Social Media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/justswipe
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/getswipe
Thank you for showing your interest and trying out Swipe for Feedly!
Tags: swipe lock screen news, feedly lock screen, RSS lock screen, latest news on the lock screen, reddit lock screen, swipe left to unlock, material design lock screen, news lock screen, cnn lock screen, beautiful lock screen
Swipe for Feedly Videos
- Pattern lock
- New guide
- Faster and better
- Some news text fixes
- Crashes and double locking fixes
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - android.permission.BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE
- - Disable the keyguard.
- - Enlarge or shrink the status bar.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Get info about the currently running tasks.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read the system log files. Usually used to collect crash and force close reports.
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Change the order of tasks.
- - Open windows on top of all other applications.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
- - com.swipe.android.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 0.9.16 released on 02/04/15.
- UpdatedNew version 0.9.15 released on 01/19/15.
- ChangesName changed from Swipe for feedly to Swipe for Feedly on 01/19/15.
- UpdatedNew version 0.9.8 released on 12/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.8.9 released on 11/19/14.
- ChangesName changed from Swipe: Lock Screen News to Swipe for feedly on 11/19/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 11/19/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.8.7 released on 10/18/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.8.1 released on 09/21/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000 downloads level reached on 09/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.16 released on 09/02/14.
- ChangesName changed from Swipe: lockscreen newsfeed to Swipe: Lock Screen News on 08/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.12 released on 08/17/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.10 released on 08/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.9 released on 07/30/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.8.2 released on 07/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.7 released on 07/18/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.5 released on 07/13/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.3 released on 06/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.7.2 released on 06/18/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.6.1 released on 06/04/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.6 released on 06/01/14.
- ChangesName changed from Swipe - lockscreen newsfeed to Swipe: lockscreen newsfeed on 05/27/14.
- NewFirst appearance on 05/12/14.
Displaying 4 of 24 - show all
It wont let me login with facebook or g+ ect just says page cant be displayed ive tried 3 times it runs well apart from that issue
Please add an option to hide status bar.
It's just too buggy. Sometimes there's news on the screen, sometimes there's not. Sometimes the phone unlocks, sometimes it doesn't.
Works fast in my phone, and I can keep updated all the time because it works even when I don't have Internet, also I can save news to read later with the pocket app.
Doesn't work with my existing feedly account, nor with a new one I created just to try out this app. The only thing that seems to work in this application is the loading bar animation.
It works surprisingly well, but it just won't save the feedly feeds that I want. Maybe it requires a save button :)