Urban Biker — Bike Computer
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
We built an app to match the efficiency reputation.
• Maximum battery duration. Enjoy long rides knowing that battery power will last. Our app is carefully designed and optimized having day-long tour rides in mind.
• No Internet connection needed¹. Usually, around 30% of battery power is spent just for transmitting GPS data to the Internet during a ride. Our app does not send tracked data over the Internet, leveraging both privacy and battery duration at the same time.
• FenceGuard technology. Our novel technology lets you easily camouflage the exact location of your home, workplace, or other important places of your choice from the GPS track files.
• Maximum privacy. Tracked data is only stored to your own device storage, not sent over the Internet. Tracking can even be disabled entirely, without affecting meter readings like distance, duration or altitude.
¹ Except for the maps, if you use the feature.
• Record your rides. Track your rides to a standard GPX files. Share the track files with anyone without disclosing the exact location of your home, workplace, or similar. Our app will camouflage these locations, without losing a single bit of track information.
• Profiles. Easily maintain ride style and statistic for multiple bikes, vehicles, or sports. Record multiple interleaving activities into separate tracks. Simply switch the profile and continue recording where you left off.
• Maps. Animated map from Google with terrain, satellite or standard layer w/ traffic, auto-rotate and follow modes, 3D view…
• Speedometer. Beautiful graphical/digital speedo shows your instant, average and maximum speeds at all times.
• GPS Cockpit. Shows Distance, Duration, Altitude, Ascent, Descent, Climb Power¹, Pace, Temperature², Odometer, Wriggle percent³, and Clock!
• HUD mode. Put Urban behind the windshield of your car and view readings in reflection!
• Tally sounds. Hear a sound when you reach a milestone, for example every mile, every 30 min, or similar.
• Bicycle bell. Ringer, horn, clapper, or a cartoon voice. Bell is sounded by tapping the screen or shaking/knocking the device (eg. whilst in a pocket).
• Automatic bell ring. Will ring a bell when braking is detected.
• Moving (roar) sounds. Moving sounds that adjusts to your speed. Great for silent bikes that startle pedestrians.
• Flashlight. Use camera flash as a bike light. Steady, Strobo, Blinking — Make yourself noticeable in low visibility conditions.
• Passive GPS mode. Switch to passive mode if using another GPS app at the same time (like My Tracks, Maps, Strava, Endomondo, Runtastic, GPS Test, etc). This way Urban won't use any extra battery power.
• Keep screen on / Keep above lockscreen. No need to unlock the device to access the app.
• Simple to use and clean interface. Easily operated during the rough times action.
• Widgets (Desktop & Lock Screen).
• Portrait / Landscape screen modes.
¹ Watts, or Watts per kg/lb. No external sensors like ANT+ or similar are needed.
² Ambient temperature sensor is only available on some devices.
³ Tells you how curvy was the route, but also a route's fractal dimension.
App is very useful for commute, tours, mountain bike, downhill, road, running, jogging, walking, duathlon, triathlon, driving, …
Perfect for use on a handlebar mount, in an armband, on a dashboard, in a pocket, or in a bag.
Tags: urban biker.
- Set app language from the Settings
- Real watts display (W) for climb
- Separate units system for distance, speed, altitude…
- Show speed indicator needle
- Graphic/Digital speed indicator modes
- Updated speed scale look
- New moving noise mode: Constant while moving
- License key support
- New icon
- Fix: Cannot delete a profile
- Fix: Tally sounds volume
- Fix: Minus sign not shown when power between -1.0 and 0.0 W/kg
- Fix: Ascent always shown in metric units