This is really useful for making any existing USB device remotely accessible, making its functionality directly usable over a LAN network or the Internet.
Root is NOT required and will work with standard Android! No advertisements either!
Clients are available for Windows, Linux and OSX. Supports all USB transfer modes, Control, Bulk, Interrupt AND isochronous (iso for windows/linux clients only)
The VirtualHere USB Server will turn your Android phone/tablet/TV-stick/embedded device into a USB Server.
The VirtualHere USB Server removes the need for an actual USB cable and instead transmits USB signals over a wireless or wired network. The USB device appears as if it was directly attached to a client machine even though it is remotely plugged into your android device. All existing client drivers work as is, the client machine doesn't know the difference!
1. Remotely control your digital camera by plugging it into your phone and controlling it remotely via a desktop
2. Turn any printer into a wireless printer
3. Use USB devices in virtual machines
4. Plug in your gaming controller and remotely play streaming games over the Internet.
5. Use a USB-to-serial converter to remotely access serial devices
6. Use USB devices in the cloud. Plug in the device and it can be directly used from a cloud server with no special programming required!
Your Android device needs to have USB host abilities (most larger or new devices have this). Also you may need to buy a Micro-USB OTG to Host adapter if you only have a Micro-USB plug.
The client software is available for download from http://www.virtualhere.com/usb_client_software
The first screenshot shows a USB webcam plugged into a remote Android Device and being used on a local Windows machine. i.e converting a normal webcam into an IP webcam
The next screenshot shows a Apple Mac machine accessing a FTDI serial device that is plugged into a remote android device. ie. serial over IP
If you have root, you can download the virtualhere server binary for your device and you are then able to share multiple devices from a single android server (purchase required)
Tags: virtualhere usb