Widgets you can wear. Put virtually any homescreen widget from your phone onto your smartwatch or Google Glass™. Supports Android Wear, Samsung Gear (Tizen), and Sony SmartWatch (all models).
NOTE: You MUST have one of these devices (Glass or a supported smartwatch) to use this app! See below for device-specific instructions; lots more info is available at http://wearablewidgets.com.
If you have any difficulties, please email us, or stop by our community on Google+: http://goo.gl/dbZ1d0. Please do not just leave a complaint as a comment here: this is an app store, not a support forum.
Wearable Widgets creates a bridge from your phone to your wearable device for the thousands of widgets available on Android. You don't need to wait for developers to support smartwatches or Glass; get your apps on your wearable now, in a format that the developer has already designed for a small screen.
Now, please adjust your expectations…
• This free app supports unlimited usage of one widget at a time. Multiple widget support for smartwatches is available as a small in-app purchase: please confirm that your favorite widgets are compatible with your watch before buying.
• You’ll find that taps and swipes on your wearable device aren't quite as nifty as when you interact directly with your phone – there’s some unavoidable lag in the connection between devices.
• Also, when you tap or swipe a widget on your wearable device, it will flash briefly on the screen of your phone. This is a known behavior.
• Some widgets lend themselves better than others to the screen size on wearable devices – please use common sense.
• There are also some known compatibility issues with specific widgets. If you're having trouble with one, you can find more info at http://wearablewidgets.com/widgets.html
Using with Android Wear
With your watch paired to your phone, just install and run this app, and select a widget or two. Then say to your watch, "Ok Google, start widgets!" (If you prefer, you can also find WW in the touch menu of the watch, in the "Start…" app list.)
To use a widget as a watch face, please see the instructions at http://wearablewidgets.com/wear/#watchface. And be aware that a widget coming from your phone will generally use more battery than a face running solely on your watch.
Using with Tizen Gear
First, install and run this app on your phone to configure your widgets. Then open Gear Manager, and in the Gear Apps store, search for “Wearable Widgets” to install the watch component. It's available both as a clock face and as an interactive app.
Please note that using Tizen watches with non-Samsung phones is not supported.
Using with Sony SmartWatch 1 and 2
You’ll need Sony's Smart Connect app (http://goo.gl/4JDnN) installed and configured on your phone. Then just run Wearable Widgets, and select a widget from the list that pops up. To see it on your wrist, simply tap our “W” icon on the watch's home screen.
Using with Google Glass
To show a widget on Glass, you’ll need this app installed on your phone, plus a small second app on Glass. You can find the Glassware download (plus more instructions) at our website, http://widgets.glass. Run the phone app to set up your widget, then just say, "OK Glass… Show widgets".
Be aware that multiple widgets are not supported on Glass; see http://wearablewidgets.com/glass#multiple for info.
Widget images are used with the permissions of their respective developers.
Portions of the screenshots are reproduced from work created and shared by the AOSP and used according to terms described in the CC 2.5 Attribution License.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
from 852 reviews