50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Great app for Amazon customers and Kindle users
- Nothing special
+ By Amazon Mobile LLC
Turn your smartphone into a Kindle Reader.
Amazon launched their e-reader Kindle on time. With this app, you can transform your smartphone into a Kindle and enjoy all the options that come with the real device.
The app allows you to read Kindle e-books on your smartphone, just as if it was a Kindle Reader. The interface is simple and intuitive, as it should be on an e-reader: tap the side of the screen to turn a page forward, pinch to zoom in and so on. You can change the font size and the background color, search for a topic or look up the meaning of a word in an online dictionary. You can also access the Kindle store and choose from the books and promotions, get sample extracts and so on.
Amazon Mobile belongs to Amazon.com. This is an official app.
Wanted a Kindle but couldn't afford it? Got a smartphone? Ok, so you won’t have the Kindle screensize, but you'll have a smartphone that acts just like the real thing.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
• Read books in immersive full-screen mode (Android OS 4.4+)
• Tap the bottom right corner of a page to lock orientation
• Control playback from the lock screen while audio is playing in the book
• Choose system brightness in reader settings
• Navigate table of contents by sub chapter
• Pair with Bluetooth devices (Permission)
About app permissions
Very good program
Great app. I buy my books on the app then read them on my kindle. If I am stuck on a train I still have my book on the last page I read. Great.
Love this app!!!!
I only opened this so I could download a book from the local library online. I had to go to several steps through my Amazon account and the book apparently was uploaded. Today, the app will not open, forces closed, and that is with more than one wifi connection. Useless. It looks like I will have to use over drive media if I want to read library eBooks.
As good as the real thing!
Would not sync, run, or load right. Now I trust to renstal it and it will not let me.