10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
- a superb device-based calibre library organizer
- a high-performance WiFi-based calibre device emulator
- a calibre content server (web access) client
1) CC is a device-based calibre library organizer. Once you put books on your device using one of the connection methods described below you can:
- view a book's metadata (author, tags, series, rating, dates, etc.).
- sort and group books by their metadata.
- see book lists by cover or by list.
- mark books read and sync this information with calibre.
- launch your book reader application to read a book (works with most reader applications except for Amazon Kindle).
2) CC can connect to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device. Once connected, you use calibre to move books to and from your device. Calibre automatically updates all the book metadata stored by CC to match the latest in your library. No other app, reader or browser, offers this level of integration with calibre.
3) CC can connect to calibre’s content server over WiFi to browse your library and download books to your device.
For more information see our FAQ (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188899)
1) CC is not a reader app. You must install and use one of the many excellent reader apps available.
2) CC requires that you use calibre calibre 0.9.02 or later, available at http://calibre-ebook.com/. Some CC features such as syncing book read information require newer versions of calibre.
Seeing the benefits of Calibre Companion’s features can take some time. Do not worry about the 15-minute refund window. If after exploring both kinds of connections you are not satisfied with CC, contact us and we will refund your purchase.
- Allow Wi-Fi multicast reception: multicast is required to be able to find calibre without requiring you to enter an IP address.
- Users with Jellybean (Android 4.1): You will also see a permission about “Test access to protected storage”. This is caused by a change Android is making regarding SD card access, and simply means our app can save books on your external storage.
Tags: calibre companion, calibre companion apk, calibre companion 271 apk, calibre companion 252, calibre companion 281 apk, calibre companion 281, calibre companion apk 28, calibre kindel apk, calibre companion 271, calibre 0867 connessione wireless.
- Refuse to connect if library is in a read-only folder (KitKat SD Card problem)
- Fix rare fail-to-connect bug
V3.3.1: New functions:
- Mark books read. Sync info with calibre.
- Options to move Connect, etc to menu
- Option to close grouping drawer when author/etc selected
- Swipe in book details changes book
- Tap items in book details to see matching books
Too much new to put all here!
Change log at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2396111&postcount=3