100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Havos Ltd
It has many advantages compared to similar applications:
1) Contains 55,000+ Proper Nouns, including full names, professions, nationality, date of birth and death for about 40,000 famous people & deities and around 14,000 places, i.e. countries, cities, rivers, mountains etc. These proper nouns are essential for solving general knowledge clues, which can make up to 20-25% of crossword clues. These clues are the type that you either know them or you don't, i.e. difficult to just guess, so if you do not know a particular person you are usually stuck.
2) Provides filters to reduce the list of possible answers. This is essential when only a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words.
3) Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 24 languages are currently available (see below).
4) Contains 4 different modes for help solving Crosswords, Anagrams, Codeword, and Cryptic Crosswords. Codeword mode allows the user to specify which letters are already known (and hence not considered for the unknown letters), and which unknown letters are the same (i.e have the same Codeword number). Cryptic mode contains extra help with many examples.
5) Solves "two word" answers. This is very useful in combination with first and last names of famous people. It also finds "two word" anagrams.
6) View answers in multiple columns. Optimized use of screen space. Takes full advantage of size of tablet.
7) Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
All of these features are available without an internet connection, and are rarely found in similar applications.
Other functionality includes:
- Lightning fast search engine. No search button needed as possible matches are displayed instantly as you type.
- Comprehensive list of 300,000+ normal words, split into common and rare lists to help you find the right match.
- View detailed word definition of the possible answers (internet connection required). The app transforms the Wiktionary page, in order to be easily viewed on small screens.
- Link to the wiki page for famous people and places (internet connection required).
- App can be downloaded onto an SD card.
Additional Features in the Pay Version:
- No advertisements.
- The dictionary also contains some foreign language words. These are often found in some crosswords. Foreign words are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin.
- Adds additional filtering. People names can be filtered by specifying their profession or nationality.
The pay version is available for a small fee.
Dictionaries available are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later.
Tags: kreuzworthilfe, cruzadas sobre adiv, кроссворд помощь, mots croisés aide gratuit, aide aux mots croisés sur, wwwkreuzwort hilfede, help me solve cryptic clues, posibles respuestas a crucigramas, кроссворды помощь, codeword solver.
Height of input Text field now based on the text size chosen in the settings
QWERTY keyboard layout now supported (and many other international keyboards).
Go to the Settings (from Menu button) to change the keyboard layout.
1) Filter settings more accessible
2) New layout with multiple columns.
3) Optimized for tablets.
4) New purpose built and compact keyboard
5) New smart mode automatically makes best use of available screen size