Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Pronunciation, synonims...
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Look up the words and get lots of information
This complete dictionary from Merriam-Webster includes word definitions (by typing or voice search), synonyms, antonyms, example sentences, Word of the Day, audio pronunciations etc.
You just need to write your word (or say it out loud) and the app will give you the complete definition, audio pronunciation, the example sentences and even the date when it was firstly used. Then, you can keep looking up words, viewing your recent history and of course, consulting the daily word selection.
Merriam-Webster Inc. is the developer of this useful and easy to use application, perfect for doing homework, writing assignments and even in your daily life. Really complete and helpful, be sure to check it out and start looking up words.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
Fixed Favorites bug (linking to wrong word)
Recently updated with the latest new words added to the dictionary, including "crowdfunding" and "hashtag"
- Captain V. Downloaded 2d ago
- Carl Joshua A. Downloaded 4d ago
- April G. Downloaded December
- Angel P. Downloaded December
- Kabirou Ishola A. Downloaded December
- Maria Valerie R. Downloaded December
- Princess Joy B. Downloaded December
- Sonia S. Downloaded November
- Ian S. Downloaded November
What i specially love about this app is the detailed way they have provided the information along with examples
You don't even need WiFi to use you can use anytime it great!!!!
Easy to search....and find global words and pronounce
This was very useful
By far one of the most useful apps I have. I keep it close anytime I read so I can look up the words that I don't know. I LOVE the feature that plays the word so I know how to pronounce them too. My only issue is that it keeps crashing. Constantly. Otherwise it would be five stars easy.
Baaaz jowan e app,,,pada grammatical position a un goshet