100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By iiizio
ePUBator extract text from a PDF file and put it in a well formed (epubcheck compliant) ePUB file.
PDF extraction based on iText library <http://itextpdf.com/> released under the AGPL license.
- ePUBator IS MADE FOR BOOKS, NOT FOR EVERY TYPE OF PDF (DON'T ASK IT TOO MUCH).
- ePUBator doesn't need internet connection (doesn't send your docs somewhere on the net, doesn't have ads).
- ePUBator extract text (no text from pictures or from raster PDF).
- ePUBator try to extract images (only png, jpg and gif) but puts them at the page's end.
- ePUBator try to extract the table of contents if present (or creates a dummy TOC).
- ePUBator doesn't extract the font size and style.
- ePUBator save the ePUB file in the same folder of PDF file (it uses the PDF filename to generate ePUB filename and the title in the frontpage, so rename the PDF before conversion).
- ePUBator works fine only with single column PDF (worse with multi column or tables).
- ePUBator can fail extraction (5 of 358 books with v0.8.1 on my Atrix).
In the event of crash, unexpected stoppages or insufficient memory try setting Page per file to 1 and/or disable the extraction of images and try again (sometimes helps).
I converted a lot of books (italians and some english) with ePUBator, but with someone the conversion can fail (raster PDF, columns, out of order chars).
I never try with arabic or asian characters, right to left or vertical writing and I don't know if (and how) the iText library can manage those pdf. I'm sorry.
On some books we can find wrong chars (e.g. Øø instead of éù), it seems a iText's problem (another PDF library extract the same text correctly). I'm looking for a better one, free and Android compatible.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE for save the ePUB file
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
For sources / all apk files / donations go to sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/p/epubator/home/Home/
Tags: epubator, itext, epubator apk, itext pdf, epub file, epubatorapk, epubator indir, convertidor epub encabezado pie página, epubatorfor, making epub.
- Added open with ePUBator
- Added recent folder selector
- Added dummy entry for first page
- Added support library
- Updated iText lib to 5.4.0
- Some minor fix and improvements