1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By bigo
* Discover why you should invest in a hybrid car...
* Learn how to get the best deal on a hybrid car...
* Find out exactly what your getting when you purchase a hybrid...
* Discover the questions to ask when purchasing a hybrid car...
* Learn all the benefits and advantages of owning a hybrid car...
* Discover what the five types of hybrid technology currently available to automakers...
* Discover if there are certain situations where a hybrid vehicle would be considered better...
* Learn the most frequent responses regarding reasons to buy and not buy a hybrid...
* An eclectic list of all the different hybrid vehicles...
* Discover what the car dealers aren't telling you about hybrids...
* Learn what to look for and how to make up your mind on which hybrid is right for you...
* A quick cheat sheet summary behind hybrid cars...
* Learn how the hybrid technology is making a difference in our future...
* Plus much MUCH More!...
Hybrid vehicles operate effortlessly by combining an electricity-run motor, a gasoline engine and maximum-powered batteries. The battery gives off energy for the electric motor and recharges when it recaptures the energy that is usually lost when the car is lessening its acceleration or while it is coasting.
It is best to put distinguish hybrid cars into two categories in order to understand better the functions of the batteries, the engine and the electric motor put together. There are two kinds of hybrids: the mild hybrids and the full hybrids. Each of these kinds have different approaches when combining the three components.
1. Mild hybrids
In this type of hybrid car, the electric motor is only an assistant when it comes to operating the main propulsion. It is the gas engine that gives the major energy needed.
In this setup, the motor is dependent on the gas engine for its operation. The electric motor is capable of eating up electricity from the batteries, or it can come up with energy for it, but the electric motor cannot do these functions at the same time.
2. Full hybrids
The distinction of the full hybrid from the mild variety is that the electric motor and the gas engine can operate on its own. In most instances, the electric motor can function by itself in low speed, and once it picks up, the gasoline engine automatically takes over. Both the motor and the engine can function together if the car is in hard acceleration.
This combined effort provides the car the power that it needs for that situation. Full hybrid cars can consume and build up electricity simultaneously.
The Prius runs on a technology called the Hyrbid Synergy Drive, which involves a power split device to combine the energy of the electric motor and the gas engine. The HSD enables a effortless switching of power sources that the car driver would not notice in the slightest while driving.
Unlike the other mild hybrid types, the Prius can be operated by the electric motor alone powered by the battery pack. As a result, a motorist can drive silently for short amounts of time.
While speeding up on a highway, the Prius utilizes the gas engine as its main operator, and can get assistance from the generator if needed. Then this hybrid car shuts off the gas engine automatically during stops. This contributes greatly in mileage improvement and produces less emission.
how do hybrid cars work
what is a hybrid car
what are hybrid cars
compare hybrid cars
hybrid cars information
advantages of hybrid cars
information on hybrid cars
how hybrid cars work
hybrid electric cars
what is the best hybrid car
hybrid car information
hybrid cars info
types of hybrid cars
about hybrid cars
benefits of hybrid cars
Tags: reference of hybrid car information, the definitive guide hybrid cars by bigo.