1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Six full translations of the Bible
- Many reference images in the index
- Search function
- A little difficult to learn to navigate
+ By Jehovah's Witnesses
Six bible translations, a glossary of biblical terms, and an index of reference images
If you're a devoted follower of the word of God, chances are you're interested in having a reference at hand of what exactly it is that He's said. The JW Library caters to that need for Jehovah's Witnesses; it's the official app released by the church.
The app includes no fewer than six distinct Bible translations, all indexed by book, chapter, and verse. If you know where to find the verse you seek, it's easy to navigate the index and then to see all six translations side-by-side. If you're not sure where to look, the integrated search feature is your best friend.
One of the ways this app differentiates itself from other Bible apps is the large index of reference images. Check out what Israel looked like during the time that Jesus existed, or compare the currency people of the time used to what we have today.
There's a bit of learning curve in terms of navigating between the different reference sections. I got lost deep with in the translations of different chapters, and then had to backtrack over many pages in order to find my way to the image section. Once you figure out how the different resources are grouped, it's fairly easy to skip from one to another, but it was definitely a stumbling block at the beginning.
The JW Library is a useful and comprehensive resource for anyone looking for Jehovah's Witness-related reference material.
• Choose from six Bible translations.
• Tap a verse number to compare all available Bible versions.
• Tap a footnote marker or reference letter to view the associated material.
• Swipe left to move to the next chapter or section.
• Swipe right to move to the previous chapter or section.
• Set a bookmark by tapping the text of a verse to turn it red, then tap the bookmark button.
• Use the history feature to find content you've recently read.
• Tap the search button to find words and expressions that appear in the Bible and other publications.
• Download books, magazines, and brochures in many languages.
• Highlight text and make notes as you study.
© Copyright 2014 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
• Download 4 videos and watch offline.
- Why Study the Bible?
- What Happens at a Bible Study?
- What Happens at a Kingdom Hall?
- Using JW.ORG to Share the Bible's Message
• Link to JW.ORG from the navigation drawer.
Fantastic. The addition of categories and videos is excellent. The user interface is so simple and easy. Add in a magazine section with latest study copy then notes and underline it will be better than perfect
The bookmark feature is brilliant! We just need the high light features now. Thank you.
Thank you soo much for these exciting updates!
for your diligent effort to make this wholesome spiritual food so accessible!
So thankful for yet another new tool!