50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Great app for Amazon customers and Kindle users
- Nothing special
Turn your smartphone into a Kindle Reader.
Amazon launched their e-reader Kindle on time. With this app, you can transform your smartphone into a Kindle and enjoy all the options that come with the real device.
The app allows you to read Kindle e-books on your smartphone, just as if it was a Kindle Reader. The interface is simple and intuitive, as it should be on an e-reader: tap the side of the screen to turn a page forward, pinch to zoom in and so on. You can change the font size and the background color, search for a topic or look up the meaning of a word in an online dictionary. You can also access the Kindle store and choose from the books and promotions, get sample extracts and so on.
Amazon Mobile belongs to Amazon.com. This is an official app.
Wanted a Kindle but couldn't afford it? Got a smartphone? Ok, so you won’t have the Kindle screensize, but you'll have a smartphone that acts just like the real thing.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
• “Unable to sync” error
• Crash on switching locale
• Crash on Xiaomi MI 2S
When upgrading from 4.2 you will be prompted to sign in. Register to the same Amazon account you use to access Manage Your Kindle (http://amazon.com/myk)
If you've received an "Invalid Item" error when opening a book, read our post on the Kindle Forum for troubleshooting steps: http://www.amazon.com/fb/kindleforum
Additional help and support is available at http://www.amazon.com/help/kindle
Do miss a real book but just so convenient and do not need a book shelf
It does not respond to all search queries, can't load any books.
It won't let me open any of my new downloads. It tells me to remove and redownload, which I have done multiple times with no success! I should have stuck with Google play books!
The inability to read some books sold and formatted for kindle on an ANDROID device is disappointing to say the least. The sometimes poor job formatting and converting textbooks is also sadly common. This app could be great but right now neither the app
Don't you worry its a real time saver
Opens on my tablet but not my phone. SUCKS