50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Great app for Amazon customers and Kindle users
- Nothing special
Turn your smartphone into a Kindle Reader.
Amazon launched their e-reader Kindle on time. With this app, you can transform your smartphone into a Kindle and enjoy all the options that come with the real device.
The app allows you to read Kindle e-books on your smartphone, just as if it was a Kindle Reader. The interface is simple and intuitive, as it should be on an e-reader: tap the side of the screen to turn a page forward, pinch to zoom in and so on. You can change the font size and the background color, search for a topic or look up the meaning of a word in an online dictionary. You can also access the Kindle store and choose from the books and promotions, get sample extracts and so on.
Amazon Mobile belongs to Amazon.com. This is an official app.
Wanted a Kindle but couldn't afford it? Got a smartphone? Ok, so you won’t have the Kindle screensize, but you'll have a smartphone that acts just like the real thing.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
- Font choices
- Faster cover loading
- Auto-brightness controls
- Easy access to table of contents in the book
- Fixed sensitivity of volume button page turning
Looking for additional options or settings?
- In a book, tap the center of the screen
- In the library, tap and hold any item
More instructions and help
"Highlight in multiple colors is the way to go! (Apple got it, we should do it better!)
Kindle continues to impress. Enough said.
I just got the latest update and have found—quite by accident—the TOC. Frankly, it is bad, worse than the previous one which was also deficient. In the compendium of 12 books I'm reading, the TOC doesn't show the book titles, so there are 12 chapter
Do your self a favour forgive.
It's ok but sometimes it doesn't work especially when you try to look upmkids books
It used to be very nice, but seemingly from my last update there were some books missing. If you can help me I'd be very thankful.