Oxford Advanced Learner's 8
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Oxford University Press ELT.
*IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL OUR USERS*
Please note - there is an issue in Settings in this update. In Settings>Sound, the links to download spoken sentences are labelled incorrectly.
Please tap ‘British English spoken sentences’ to download the American English audio file, and ‘American English spoken sentences’ to download the British English audio file.
Once downloaded, the speaker icons play the correct sounds.
The headword audio and all streaming audio are not affected.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on an immediate update to fix this.
For more information please visit our Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries website at http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/
The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) is a world best-seller. It is now available as an app, with the full A-Z dictionary, real voice (not text to speech) audio, and My View to customize your screen. It has been developed by the same editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find exactly what you are looking for, fast:
• Listen to real British and American voices pronounce words and example sentences.
• Access the high quality audio online, or download all headword audio plus 116,000 example sentences to listen offline
• All the dictionary text is live- tap to instantly look up any word
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms etc. – tap to show the full entry again
• Find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you don’t know the spelling
• Create your own lists of favourite words, and create folders to store them in
• Tap on phonetics, abbreviations and symbols for help with what they mean
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Learn more with a dictionary that’s written for learners of English
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
• Easy-to-understand explanations written using the 3000-word defining vocabulary
• Use the Oxford 3000 keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
• Look up over 57,000 synonyms and opposites
• Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) highlighted
• Find the Academic Word List words easily – they are all labelled
• Notes give extra help in difficult areas, for example the differences between similar words, tricky points of grammar, or British and American usage
• Find information about British and American culture
• 1000 new words and meanings keep you up-to-date with today’s vocabulary and usage
• 1300 words illustrated in groups build your topic vocabulary. You can enlarge and explore the illustrations.
• Access over 95,000 extra example sentences
• Study all verb forms, and word origins
• Audio installation on SD card to save space on your device (Available for OS 2.2 and higher)
• Change the app appearance: customizable background colour, font size, search results highlighting etc.
• Detailed help file (available directly from the app)
Tags: oxford advanced learners dictionary apk, oxford advanced learners 8 apk, oxford advanced learner's dictionary, oxford advanced learners 8, oxford advanced learners 8 paragon software apk, oxford advanced learners 8 torrent, free oxford advanced learners dictionary, oxford advanced learners dictionary, longman advanced learners dictionary apk دانلود, oxford advanced learners 8 скачать.
Create folders to organize your Favourites. Your existing Favourites will be retained.
Find links to blogs and other news from OUP ELT in the news feature.
Listen to all audio online, or download different parts of the content to your device. Users who have previously downloaded audio content will need to re-download after updating.
IMPORTANT: An issue in Settings>Sound means the links to download spoken sentences are currently labelled incorrectly. Please see the app description for details.