Oxford + NewACE English/Korean
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By DIOTEK Co., Ltd
This app contains the full version of the Oxford Advanced Learner's English-Korean Dictionary, 7th edition, 2008. It contains very current, idiomatic English, so learners can rest assured that the expressions they learn will sound like those of a native speaker.
Oxford is the maker of the world’s best-selling English dictionaries. Its dictionaries are considered an authority of the English language and are used both by students and professionals as an English reference work. Its language experts make use of large amounts of language data to create up-to-date dictionaries with many examples and grammatical information. Meanings are written to enable language users to know how and when to best use a particular word.
1. Oxford Advanced Learner’s English-Korean Dictionary
• 185,000 words, phrases and meanings.
• 85,000 example sentences; 7,000 synonyms and antonyms.
• 5,000 expressions related to science, culture, computers and business.
• large number of newly coined expressions such as ‘podcast’, ‘wiki’, ‘carbon footprint’, ‘social networking’, and ‘tiger economy’.
• expressions relating to culture such as 'Capitol Hill', 'Big Brother', 'the Windy City'.
• many informal expressions and slang, e.g. ‘stickybeak’, ‘parkade’, ‘bach’.
• explanations and examples use natural sounding, commonly used grammar and expressions.
• a pronunciation guide (IPA) with word stress shown next to each word entry.
• large amount of grammatical information:
-- parts of speech (noun, verb, adj. etc.) of each word.
-- irregular verb forms and noun plurals.
-- which prepositions are used with which verbs and adjectives.
-- whether a noun is countable or non-countable.
2. New Ace English-Korean Dictionary
• 60,000 Korean headwords.
• published by Kumsung Publishing, one of the Korea's leading dictionary makers.
• clearly presented word entries with many phrases and examples.
• updated to cover the latest vocabulary in Korean and English.
• listen to Korean and English native speakers' pronunciation of words.
• no internet connection necessary to use dictionary.
• wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• automatically search for any form of a noun or verb: e.g. clicking on “oxen” yields the singular “ox”. Great if you do not know which word form to look up.
• browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
• history menu lists all your recent word searches.
• save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• mark words in your flashcard folder which you still need to memorize.
* over Android 2.2 platform
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
*Facebook & twitter*
Tags: oxford engkor apk full version, diodict japanese ipa, oxford korean english apk, oxford newace apk, oxford newace english/korean apk, com.diotek.diodict3 apk, newace english korean apk, english korean words, com.diotek.diodict3.phone.btoc.adddict.newace.engkor apk, oxford advanced learners englishkorean dictionary.
support for Android 4.1 (JellyBean) added