Sasol eBirds (Lite)
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By mydigitalearth.com
NB: Please note that an additional download of 30MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
"In southern Africa the Sasol eBirds would undoubtedly be my first choice. The text is detailed, the navigation system is user friendly and the opportunity to listen to recordings of calls and songs is a huge asset. Above all, the superb paintings by Norman Arlott and Peter Hayman have stood the test of time and are more detailed, more accurate and more life-like than anything on offer in other birding apps for the region." — Mark Cocker, author of Birds and People
- Images, distribution maps and text descriptions of 30 bird species found in the Southern African region.
- Audible calls for 29 bird species
- A "Smart Search" that allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and habitat.
- You can select a region of Southern Africa, so that the lists of birds throughout the program display only the birds in your region. Includes GPS detection of your current location.
- "Bird Compare" to allow you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls).
- A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device* and can be exported to your storage card, email or to ebird.org extended record format.
- GPS location tagging of bird sightings.
- View the Bird Index by English or Afrikaans bird names.
* Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own master list separate from the program.
Tags: sasol birds (lite), free sasol ebirds, wwwsasolbirdslitecoza, samsung sasol ebird, @ussasolcom, ebirds of teh middle east, sasol ebirds lite.
* Fixed crash when scrolling through gallery or individual picture list
* Minor bug fixes
* The bird count in My List is now a count of unique birds rather than total birds
* Number of birds in a group is displayed at the top right of the group
* Tap on the 'Contact Us' button from the main menu to send us an email with your thoughts, complaints or compliments.
* New 'Apps' section located in the Help screen with information on all of the apps available from mydigitalearth.com