10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- All well-known Wikipedia pros
- Sharing options
- Option to save and read offline later
- All well-known Wikipedia cons
The official Wikipedia app for Android
So here it is, the Official Wikipedia app for Android. Don't expect anything beyond what it should be, it's just a faster and a somehow more comfortable way to browse through Wikipedia.
Although at the start you'll land on the "today's featured article" and the current events (aka news) the virtues of this app are found out just by tapping on 'menu'. There not only you can change the language the current article is written (and you know how important it may become in some cases) but also look for near articles according to where you are right now and choose to store an article in order to read it later offline. Sharing options are as fast as useful and include the most popular social networks and Evernote and Whatsapp options if you have these apps already installed.
In fact, it's a rather simple app. However, a rather simple app linking to who knows how many articles in the most comprehensive encyclopedic compilation of knowledge that humans have ever gathered, well, it's quite worth.
You don't need the Wikipedia app to look something up in there, but you'll appreciate it no matter what your needs are. Five out of five pending a widget update.
- Speed: Our new, native app allows you to browse and edit Wikipedia faster than ever before.
- Editing: You can edit Wikipedia! Logged in or logged out, we thank you for all your contributions.
- Recent pages: We provide you with your reading history, so you can tap as many links as you like without ever getting lost.
- Saved pages: You can save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection.
- Share: Use your existing social networking apps to share in the sum of all human knowledge.
- Language support: The app allows you to seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language.
- Table of contents: Jump to article sections with the Table of contents button (three horizontal lines button)
- Wikipedia Zero: Data charges waived for participating mobile operators.
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your pull requests! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
- Enabled user interface localization for Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Updated network requests to be more compatible with Google app search indexing.
- Fixed crash when clicking on references after fragment is detached.
- Asaduzzaman R. Downloaded 21h ago
- Ashok V. Downloaded September
- Rachana N. Downloaded September
- Chor D. Downloaded September
- M . Sakthivel G. Downloaded September
- Vincent N. Downloaded September
- Shrikant C. Downloaded September
- Prasanna D. Downloaded September
- Claudine R. Downloaded September
C'mon! Three days since it was released and is there only a comment?
If the 7 wonders were chosen right now, Wikipedia would be the first!
Very useful. Thank you.
and gud app