World Religions Study Guide
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By MobileReference
Intended for everyone interested in culture and history, particularly undergraduate and graduate art and science students, as well as high school students.
Written in clear, concise format.
Difficult concepts are explained in simple terms.
Navigate from Table of Contents or search for the words or phrases
Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
Multi-Platform device capability (PDA, smartphone, PC)
No matter which device you use (Windows Mobile, Symbian OS, Pocket PC, Palm OS, Blackberry, or Desktop), you will NOT lose any functionality.
Text annotation and mark-up--
Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
Table of Contents
1. Buddhism: Overview | Gautama the Buddha | Doctrines and practices | History | Major Sects | Buddhist texts | Demographics today
2. Christianity: Overview | Denominations | Beliefs | Scriptures | Worship and practices | Holidays and Symbols | History and origins
3. Confucianism: Overview | History | Rites | Governing and Meritocracy | Themes in Confucian thought
4. Hinduism: Overview | Core concepts | Denominations | Hindu sacred texts | Origins and history | Six Vedic schools of thought | Themes and symbols | Demographics today
5. Islam: Overview | Core beliefs | The Qur'an | Organization | Denominations | History | Symbols | Demographics today
6. Judaism: Overview | Religious doctrine | Denominations | Jewish observances | History | Demographics today
7. Taoism: Overview | History | Beliefs and Deities | Practices | Scriptures | Symbols and Images | Demographics today
More e-Books by MobileReference: Travel Guides and Phrasebooks, Medical and Science Guides, Health Care, History, Religion, Do-it-Yourself, and Hobbies - search keyword MobileReference
Tags: religions of the world, world religions, world religion hinduism study guide, 6 world religions, why study world religions, world religion apps, study of world religions, study guide to world religion, online study guides world religions, art history study guide mobilereference.