*THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITHOUT WARRANTY*
*Free - No Ads*
AndrOCR is an app for optical text recognition (OCR) supporting 30+ languages. The character recognition doesn't need an internet connection! It's executed locally on your device!
Take a photo of a paper document from your device and AndrOCR will read the text in it for you! Then you'll be able to copy/paste it wherever you want (Email, SMS, Text Editor, etc...).
But AndrOCR does more! It allows you to:
- translate the recognized text with Bing Translator (30+ languages supported)
- quickly search your text on Google Maps (i.e. try to take a picture of a road sign)
- pronounce your text with speech synthesizer (Text To Speech). Five languages supported: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German.
- save your text in a TXT file
AndrOCR is free with no Ads and it will be forever. Please consider to make a donation (I'll let you know how in the future).
Please send me an email for any problem, bug... Or submit translation. I want to make AndrOCR better and I need your help!
- Please don't try to recognize text in photos taken from computer monitors or to recognize text in screenshots. The OCR engine can't work with them.
- Please note that Bing Translator is a limited service: AndrOCR application can freely translate 1 million characters per month. Please don't abuse.
This product includes open source software released under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html).
tess-two library is open source software written by Robert Theis. The source code is available from https://github.com/rmtheis/tess-two
tesseract-ocr is open source software written by Ray Smith and others. The official project page is http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/
microsoft-translator-java-api is open source software written by Jonathan Griggs. The source code is available from http://code.google.com/p/microsoft-translator-java-api/
The application icon is derived from http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hypercube.svg
Logo Font: Droid Logo by ei8htohms
Tags: ocr in source code, ocr sample code, ocr source code, free ocr source code, androcr, ocr source code in, best ocr source code, open source ocr text recognition, ocr opensource, androcr source apache.
- Fixed bugs with Nexus 7 device
- Now you can send an image to AndrOCR directly from Gallery: open Gallery app, choose the image, tap on the "share" button and select AndrOCR
- Various bug fixing
- Mushtaq A. Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- Chocopie O. Downloaded Oct 9, 2013
- Liang C. Downloaded Oct 9, 2013
- Nattharlay Downloaded Aug 14, 2013
- firstname.lastname@example.org Downloaded Jul 6, 2013
- Богдан Downloaded May 26, 2013
- Alirezaeitash Downloaded May 20, 2013
- Greg C. Downloaded Mar 25, 2013
- James D. Downloaded Mar 12, 2013