CamCard - BCR (Western)
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Phonebook integration
- Ease of use
- QR code generation/recognition
- Needs Android 2.x and auto-focusing camera
- We're missing other sharing options (social network)
CamCard Lite - Business Card R is a business card scanner
CamCard captures business card images by using your phone back camera as a scanner. It catches first names, last name, phone, e-mail, address and other extra info and put it into form labels. By this way you will be able to turn a physical business card into a vcard. Once you've caught all the data, confirm that everything is in its label and save it You will be able then to save the contact to your phonebook or to the app database, save it to your Gmail account or share it by SMS or other means. It also scans the image of the business card if it has one.
It has to be said that the scanning is quite accurate and it did it well with all the card we've tried. One of the features we really liked is the QR code generation/recognition for contact's content. And also that it has support business card recognition for several languages. CamCard has been integrated with LinkedIn and you can search/invite the card holder directly from the app.
CamCard has been developed by IntSig Information Co., Ltd, an app developer who has just launched this app (and its different versions) to the market with remarkably success.
This app is especially useful for those who constantly get business card from contacts and want to put in order them safely in his/her device. If that's your case, give it a try. But take in account that the Lite version let you scan maximum 10 business cards per week. If you need more, you'll have to upgrade to the unlimited version.
CamCard reads business cards and save instantly to phone Contacts. It syncs all your cards across smartphones, tablets, computers and the web app.
Brand new AR Card feature allows you to better demonstrate yourself, your products and company by adding various contents in text, graphic, video, audio or file formats. It keeps you posted with the latest updates of your partners and brings you more business opportunities.
* More than 50 million professionals’ choice around the world
* CamCard is a great example of how storing and sharing contact details has been brought up to date using smartphone technology -- BBC News
* Must-Have Apps for Salespeople – Inc.com
* The business cards just jump into your phones. It’s that easy to use! – CBS TV
* Bringing Order to the Chaos of a Business Card Collection - The New York Times
* CamCard lets you quickly and accurately scan business cards into your iPhone, BlackBerry or Android-based device - New York Post
* Top Developer on Google Play Store
Device Requirements: Android 2.0+, auto-focusing camera, supporting Nexus, Droid, Desire, Galaxy and etc.
* Accurately Read any Business Cards within a Second: Say goodbye to keeping all your business cards, carrying them around and worrying about losing them.
* Save and Sync Cards across All devices: Own multiple devices and fed up with manually syncing the latest biz contact info on every one of them? Let CamCard do that for you.
* Brand New AR Card: Sometimes a business card is not enough to leave an impression. Start to add more personalized content to your business card and stand out of the rest.
* Easily Manage Cards: With CamCard, you can search, sort, group, merge your business cards, as well as setting password to secure your Card Holder.
Better Demo Yourself with AR Card
* Augment Reality technology: add text, graphic, audio, video, files and links to your business card
* Once your AR Card is created, partners will read your cards 100% accurately with 200+ languages support
* Share AR Card via email, QR code and SMS
* Add or edit AR Card in CamCard web app
Read Business Cards Accurately
* Read any business card within a second by taking a photo of it
* Auto-detect text orientation and rotate card
* Smart-crop card images and enhance scan result
* Offline read 12 languages including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Hungarian
* Batch scan multiple cards
* Read email signature
* Read QR Code on cards
Save and Sync across All Devices
* Sign up to sync all the cards to your CamCard account. You can access, edit and manage cards across smartphones, tablets, computers and the web.
* All your cards can be saved in CamCard Card Holder, as well as your phone Contacts
* Save contacts to different accounts, e.g. Gmail or Exchange account
* Backup your contacts and restore in CamCard
* Export all cards to vCard or Excel files
Easily Edit and Manage Cards
* Add card backside image
* Add notes to a card
* Locate field while editing information
* Edit, group, search, sort or export your cards
* Merge with exiting contact
* Directly make phone calls, send SMS/email, browse web pages or locate address with map app in card detail page
* Set password to secure Card Holder
Share Cards via Various Methods
* Conveniently send your friend’s contact information to other friends within CamCard
* Share contact information via Email, SMS, QR Code
* Search a contact in LinkedIn website and send an invitation
TIPS TO ACHIEVE BETTER READ A CARD:
* Capture a card in sufficient light
* Align biz card’s edges to viewfinder’s edges as closely as possible
Check out INTSIG’s other apps
* CamScanner – Intelligent Document Management
* CamDictionary – Snap Translator
We'd love to hear your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @CamCardIntSig
Like us on Facebook: CamCard
Follow us on Google+: CamCard
Add Company News section to quickly get more information about your new contacts
Improve recognition accuracy of email addresses
Other improvements and bug fixes
Add updates push feature for AR Card
Optimize batch scanning feature
Capture card backside
Manually input information to create AR Card
Simplify the process of creating and verifying AR Card
Share business card via WeChat
Optimize QR scanning feature
Optimize the display effect of AR Card
Other improvements and bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Very useful app for storing visiting cards and also adding to address book at same time. The cloud sync ensures your data is always backed up.
Have used many other applications this seems to work better than the others. Have certain issues when the light of the camera is used
Exceeds expectations for character recognition and smart parsing of scanned data. Valuable app.
The camera has some focus issues The recognition of text on the reverse of a card doesn't seem to work Some text recognition seems to be odd even when the quality of the image is good (though text recognition must be hard)
Works very well, highly recommended
Does the best job you can expect in recognizing very difficult business card layouts and fonts. Well worth the money
Love this app!