Castor Green Terminal
As an environmental forerunner, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) has developed the Castor Green Terminal - a zero emission concept for a terminal and processing center. To achieve this vision, we will build upon proven solutions and technologies from our experiences operating terminals and VPCs across the globe, such as photovoltaic solar panels and wind turbine installations.
A highly advanced building design coupled with a lean production environment will ensure that cars, trucks, agricultural and construction equipment and other goods are handled and processed in the most environmentally sensitive manner.
This interactive presentation of the Castor Green Terminal consist of a brief description of the following building blocks supported with a video :
- Location will minimize total transport emissions and local community impacts.
- Compact layout & design will reduce land usage and cargo movements.
- Construction will use recyclable materials & consumption of utilities will be minimized.
- An optimal mix of renewable energy will take advantage of local geography and climate.
- Lean production will guide terminal and processing operations.
- Our own internal competence & external partnerships will drive solutions and technology.
- Customer Service Centre will promote more collaboration among suppliers, customers and consumers.
- Alternative power and environmental services will bolster Vessel Supply offerings
- Waste Handling will use waste to generate heat or transport for recycling.
Tags: wallenius wilhelmsen logistics renewable energy sources , logistic center concept , wallenius , wallenius wilhelmsen logo , wallenius wilhelmsen logistics wallpaper , wallenius wilhelmsen logistics , castor green , wallenius wilhelmsen , green terminal themes