Genius Scan - PDF Scanner
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Add images from gallery or back camera
- Auto-detect borders
- Automatic enhancing filters
- Order and unify documents
- We're missing customizable filters
- Cannot import other files from your sdcard
Genius Scan uses your rear-camera to scan any document and convert it to PDF
Here in Androidzoom we've reviewed some scanner apps. However, the ones that makes the difference are there that apply some added-value features to boost the quality of the final outcome. Genius comes up with some of that tools. Let's focus on them.
First off, Genius Scan easily detects borders from paper sheets, blackboards, screens or any other gadget that able to be scanned. Likewise, it allows to unify different scanned documents to generate a single PDF file. Let's put some order in your documents.
In addition, Genius Scan automatically adjusts filters in order to enhance image quality. You can only set it black&white which is really useful for text documents. It would be great if we could control it but, anyway, the outcome is quite acceptable. I haven't mentioned it: you can add documents from your gallery or scan them with your cam. I'm missing an option to import other files from your memory (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
Despite of this catches, Genius Scan is set in a good-looking layout and it's really easy to use. It's strongest point is auto-detect border and the outcome quality.
In addition, you can unlock the Genius Scan+ features which allow you to export your scans wherever you want: Box, Dropbox, Evernote or any other cloud service app installed on your Android phone that supports JPEG or PDF files.
The Genius Scan scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction, image post-processing. Typically, when you take a photo of a picture, you are not perfectly aligned and the light is not perfect. Genius Scan takes care of that for you.
Still not convinced? Genius Scan has more than 15 million users and has been featured multiple times.
But first, the key features (aka.: what makes this scanner different from the camera)
- Detects page frame and corrects perspective
- Enhances the scan with color or black-and-white post-processing
- Emails the scans as JPG or PDF
- Creates PDF documents with multiple scans
- Export documents to any app supporting JPG or PDF files
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
Wondering how our users use Genius Scan?
- To quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, to take a picture of a whiteboard
- On the road, to archive receipts
- To make a copy when you have no copier available
- To archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
"This is an absolutely amazing app." - AppSafari.com
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department". - AppPicker.com
"Great scanner! It replaced my flatbed scanner for all my documents"
"This scanner app works great and is easy to use. I played with it for a few minutes and actually got some work done. Superb!" - rafirondon
"One word: awesome... and useful" - farewellraymond
This version fixes a couple bugs and enables import of PNG images from the gallery.
Before that v2.0 brought a lot of improvements:
- new Material Design
- a Search feature
- PDF options such as the page orientation and page format (A4, letter, business cards…)
Enjoy this new version and let us know if you have any feedback at email@example.com.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
When I'm on the go and have zero access to a laptop, I go straight to this and it works like a charm. It also helps if you know how to position the camera and have some lighting.
Great app . No issues at the moment .
Allows me to save ANYTHING i take to pinterest/gallery/email/text (pro version) i cant live without it now
I find that I am only able to export the scans to storage/emulated/0. I would like to be able to export anywhere including external SD card.
The scan quality is pretty good. Organizing scans is not as easy as I'd like.
Does everything it says. I had an issue with exporting to my PC. I emailed them and got an instant, successful response. Recommend.
Been using it for a year, cleans up pics for email and enlarging for greater detail.