Genius Scan - PDF Scanner
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Add images from gallery or back camera
- Auto-detect borders
- Automatic enhancing filters
- Order and unify documents
- We're missing customizable filters
- Cannot import other files from your sdcard
Genius Scan uses your rear-camera to scan any document and convert it to PDF
Here in Androidzoom we've reviewed some scanner apps. However, the ones that makes the difference are there that apply some added-value features to boost the quality of the final outcome. Genius comes up with some of that tools. Let's focus on them.
First off, Genius Scan easily detects borders from paper sheets, blackboards, screens or any other gadget that able to be scanned. Likewise, it allows to unify different scanned documents to generate a single PDF file. Let's put some order in your documents.
In addition, Genius Scan automatically adjusts filters in order to enhance image quality. You can only set it black&white which is really useful for text documents. It would be great if we could control it but, anyway, the outcome is quite acceptable. I haven't mentioned it: you can add documents from your gallery or scan them with your cam. I'm missing an option to import other files from your memory (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
Despite of this catches, Genius Scan is set in a good-looking layout and it's really easy to use. It's strongest point is auto-detect border and the outcome quality.
In addition, you can unlock the Genius Scan+ features which allows you to export your scans wherever you want: Box, Dropbox, Evernote or any other cloud service app installed on your Android phone that supports JPEG or PDF files.
The Genius Scan scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction, image post-processing. Typically, when you take a photo of a picture, you are not perfectly aligned and the light is not perfect. Genius Scan takes care of that for you.
Still not convinced? Genius Scan has more than 10 million users and has been featured multiple times.
But first, the key features (aka.: what makes this scanner different from the camera)
- Detects page frame and corrects perspective
- Enhances the scan with color or black-and-white post-processing
- Emails the scans as JPG or PDF
- Creates PDF documents with multiple scans
- Export documents to any app supporting JPG or PDF files
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
Wondering how our users use Genius Scan?
- To quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, to take a picture of a whiteboard
- On the road, to archive receipts
- To make a copy when you have no copier available
- To archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
"This is an absolutely amazing app." - AppSafari.com
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department". - AppPicker.com
"Great scanner! It replaced my flatbed scanner for all my documents"
"This scanner app works great and is easy to use. I played with it for a few minutes and actually got some work done. Superb!" - rafirondon
"One word: awesome... and useful" - farewellraymond
Here is what's new in version 1.4.2:
- we fixed focus issues and camera crashes on some devices
- you can now backup and restore Genius Scan data
- we fixed filenames for the export to Yahoo Mail and Box
- a file size estimation is given before exporting
- we added extra high density icons for new devices
Enjoy this new version and please let us know if you have any feedback at email@example.com.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I tried using the app and it won't focus, which actually makes the documents unreadable. I think it is the only problem it has because UI is excellent. Please solve this issue! I have a Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3
A must have app..
I use it all the time!
Best scanning app ever
The camera in the app doesn't focus most of the time. But you can take the picture with the regular phone camera and then use the app to create the pdf.
Great app. I highly recommend it
Genius scan works pretty darned well... I don't usually leave reviews , but this app has really been a very pleasant surprise.