50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Keerthi Vivek Sundaresan
While Oil companies use many IT systems to manage costs ( committed, paid, budgeted etc.) internally, the incurred cost reports from vendors/contracts are still done manually - often through email. This necessitates the owner companies and contractors to manage the communication through emails, spreadsheets and physical papers which results in duplicate reports, lost data and back and forth communication. Internal IT systems used cannot help solve the problem because the IT security won't open up the IT system to outside vendors.
iSite is an ideal solution that reduces the waste due to duplicate work and lost time in tracking the incurred cost by making the information accessible to the relevant stakeholder anytime and anywhere.Specifically, it enables the contractors to enter the incurred cost data directly from the site and owner company to review and control the incurred cost. It not only enables these users to enter text-based data, but also capture real-time photo of products or services procured for future reference.
iSite is not just an Android app that can do few smartphone tricks. It is a comprehensive solution that provides a secure login for people working for a specific company ( employees and contractors ) to store, retrieve and analyze their company specific data. You can also track the same data uploaded through Android phone from keerthivivek.com.
The following is a typical way users use this application.
1. The owner and contractor agree to use this app and creates a profile through Android app
2. The contractor and owner is automatically logged in to app unless he/she chooses to log out
3. The contractor delivers the materials ( e.g. electrical cables ) to the oil construction site and creates a cost ticket by launching the "New Cost Ticket" screen
4. Then the contractor enters all the data in the screen "New Cost Ticket" and clicking "Save" button. He usually chooses "Capture Image" check box only for high value materials ( e.g. for a pump supplied at the site ). "Capture Image" option is recommended only when the internet connection is good.
5. Then the contractor verifies that the created ticket is available at the top of the search results returned within the "iSite - Search Ticket."
6. The owner logs in to the website keerthivivek.com and downloads the data on a need-basis either as excel file from the website or views the information in the website directly.
This is the first version of the app. Stay tuned as more features are expected to be added, notably the ability to search by any input criteria : ticket#, AFE etc.in the website and in Android.
Tags: isite, isite application.
This version enables the users to register, login, store and retrieve incurred cost tickets. Once you registers from your Android phone, you can start using the web application keerthivivek.com, in addition to using Android app.
To preview the app, you can try username = demo and password = demo
Pls provide your feedback to email@example.com. I look forward to helping you use this app successfully.