You can securely handle work calls using the Internet instead of your mobile voice network.
This application works with your company's Cisco Unified Communications Manager. If you are unsure whether this service is supported, contact your IT department to obtain a valid DEVICE ID and SERVER ADDRESS.
Cisco Jabber for Android is officially supported for the devices listed below but may still run on other Android devices and OS versions with various limitations.
- Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) running Android 2.3
- Samsung Galaxy S International (GT-I9000) running 2.2.1 or 2.3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab International (GT-P1000) running 2.2.1 or 2.3
Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com if you encounter issues with unsupported devices.
- Place and receive calls using the Internet instead of your mobile voice network
- Access corporate calling features such as conference, transfer, hold and resume
- Add a call, swap between active calls and initiate a conference call
- Hand off calls to the mobile voice network as you leave Wi-Fi coverage
- Use secure connect to access corporate phone services over high-speed mobile data connection
- Look up coworkers in your corporate directory and view their reporting structure
- Listen to messages in your work voicemail
By using this application, you agree with the embedded end user license agreement (EULA).
Cisco Jabber for Android requires licensing. Please refer here for details:
Deployment information for System Administrators: http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11678/prod_installation_guides_list.html
End user frequently asked questions:
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber for Android are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2012 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Tags: cisco jabber , jabber