Samsung (< SEP2011) AnyConnect
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Supports the following Samsung devices, which have received a firmware update PRIOR to September 2011. September 2011+ requires "Samsung AnyConnect" and will display "incompatible with other application(s) using the same shared user id" at install.
- Galaxy S model GT-I9000 and SC-02B, running 2.3.3
- Galaxy S II model GT-I9100 and SC-02C (pre 2.3.6 update)
- Galaxy Tab 7 running Android 2.3.3 (with the exception of the Sprint Galaxy Tab)
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 running Android 3.0+ with the Samsung TouchWiz MR.
Android images must be official Samsung/carrier versions. "Incompatible with other application(s)..." indicates unsupported device.
Cisco AnyConnect provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity from Samsung Android devices by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other Android applications, AnyConnect enables business-critical application connectivity. Through the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), TCP-based applications and latency-sensitive traffic (such as voice over IP [VoIP]) are provided an optimized communication path to corporate resources. Additionally, AnyConnect support IPsec IKEv2 with Next Generation Encryption.
LICENSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS:
AnyConnect for Android requires Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Boot image 8.0(4) or later.
For licensing questions and evaluation licenses, please contact ac-mobile-license-request (AT) cisco.com and include a copy of "show version" from your Cisco ASA. If you already have an Essentials or Premium ASA license, you may use the automated license request tool at:
The ASA requires an AnyConnect Mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=), as well as either an AnyConnect Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-55XX=) or AnyConnect Premium Clientless SSL VPN Edition (L-ASA-AC-SSL-YYYY=) license, where XX is the last two digits of your ASA model number and YYYY is the number of simultaneous users. AnyConnect Mobile and Essentials licenses are enabled per ASA, there is no per user charge for either of these licenses.
- Automatically adapts its tunneling to the most efficient method based on network constraints, using TLS and DTLS
- DTLS provides an optimized connection for TCP-based application access and latency-sensitive traffic, such as VoIP traffic
- IPsec/IKEv2 also availaaable
- Network roaming capability allows connectivity to resume seamlessly after IP address change, loss of connectivity, or device standby
- Wide range of authentication options
- Supports certificate deployment using AnyConnect integrated SCEP and the certificate import URI handler
- Policies can be configured locally, and automatically updated from the security gateway
- Access to internal IPv4/IPv6 network resources
- Administrator-controlled split / full tunneling network access policy
- Trusted Network Detection
- Localizes according to the device's language and region settings
If you are an end-user and have any issues or concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a System Administrator having difficulties configuring or utilizing the Application, please contact your designated support point of contact.
You can reach out to us to provide feedback, suggestions, or leave comments via Twitter by directing a tweet to the @AnyConnect account, visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/anyconnect, or e-mail us at ac-mobile-feedback (AT) cisco.com.
User Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/user/xmart/b_Android_User_Guide.html
Tags: samsung anyconnect apk, galaxy nexus anyconnect, samsung anyconnect, anyconnect galaxy nexus, anyconnect apk, cisco anyconnect apk, samsung touchwiz mr, anyconnect icon, galaxy nexus cisco vpn, cisco anyconnect galaxy nexus.
Please note that Samsung no longer permits updates to this version.
AnyConnect 3.0.09093 resolves reported defects.
AnyConnect 3.0.09073 contains the following new features:
- Suite B (Next Generation Encryption)
- FIPS 140-2 compliant mode
- SCEP Proxy
- Block access to untrusted server certificates by default
- Enhanced URI handling
- UI Improvements
- Ability to manage server certificates
Please see the release notes for more details, including a list of resolved defects.