Splashtop Remote Desktop
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Mac and Windows supported
- It works over WiFi and 3G/4G
- Supports Windows 7, Vista, Premium and Mac OS X 10.6
- Wide range of smartphones and tablets supported
- Intuitive touch controls to interact with computer
- Better if you run it in latest devices
- Linux isn't supported
Splashtop Remote Desktop is an app for displaying your computer screen on your tablet
This is the paid version of Splashtop Remote Desktop OFF Sale ($1.99). There's no connection restriction and lets you full access to all its features.
Get remote access (via WiFi and 3G/4G) from your computer (Windows and Mac supported) to your tablet. You will be able to watch movies featuring full video and audio support. Likewise, you will be able to surf the web through your regular browser with Flash. What's more, access any application or file on your computer (powerpoint, outlook...). You can even play games with high requirements! Take in account that what's running the application is the desktop computer, and the tablet just displays it, and give you the mobility you needed.
As we said above, you can access via WiFi or 3G/4G. For the latter. you need to set the router's IP. Once that's done, run the app is as easy as one-click. The developer's says that it works in a wide range of smartphones and tablets. We've tried it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire HD. It has worked properly in all of them. The only thing we've noticed is that's better to run it on powerful devices, otherwise you can get some lag. And of course, it works perfect when is over WiFi.
Splashtop Remote Desktop has been developed by Splashtop, an emerging developer who's reaching great success thanks to this (their only) app on the market.
Are you reading a long report but you're hungry and want to start cooking? Read while cooking. Do you need to spend two hours fishing on WoW? Do it while watching the TV. This kind of things is what you can perform thanks to Splashtop Remote Desktop. An app that makes our life easier. Must have.
This is the ONLY remote desktop app that streams the whole PC or Mac screen to your Android smartphone with smooth, high-res video and audio, allowing you to interact with your all applications, games, multimedia content, and files over Wi-Fi and 3G/4G networks. GO EVERYWHERE WITH JUST YOUR ANDROID DEVICE WITHOUT HAVING TO CARRY YOUR COMPUTER!
#.If you have upgraded Splashtop Streamer on your computer to v2, please visit http://support-remote.splashtop.com/entries/21658867 to configure the settings.
* BEST of CES 2012 -- Best Mobile App
* BEST OF CES 2011 Award
* #1 Android Market "Top New Paid App" (June)
* Top Android Market business apps in US, UK, Canada, etc.
* #1 app for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, webOS, etc..
Fast and Easy Setup:
* One-click access to your computer desktop with minimal setup
* Install the free Splashtop Streamer on your computer - supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP, as well as Mac OS X 10.6+ (Snow Leopard or Lion is required for Mac users).
* Application automatically finds your local computers, or sign in to your Gmail account on the app and Streamer to find your computers across the Internet
Note: If you have an Android 3.x or 4.x tablet, please purchase "Splashtop Remote Desktop HD" instead for enhanced performance optimization.
* Stability improvements and bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Super, best of remote apps.
Works like a charm
As long my home computer is on I always get fast and reliable connection. I only use it with my tablet, on a phone it is hard to navigate the small screen.
Yea this sucks. bVNC is... FREE. And works si much better. U would be crazy to pay for this
I use this app all of the time. It is really simple and easy to use. I have full access to my desktop anywhere I go. This app even does an ok job with video playback on my desktop using the remote connection.
It lacks being smooth and has delays
No tricking, does require a decent Internet connection though.