TigerText Secure Messenger App
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Originality and usefulness.
- App must be installed on both devices.
+ By TigerText, Inc.
Tigertext sends free text messages that delete themselves after a specified amount of time.
This application shows that some people have good ideas and imagination. Tigertext sends messages with an expiration date. When the countdown reaches zero, the message is erased both from the sender and the receiver mobiles. We are confident that you can imagine a thousand uses for this app, from simply pretending to be secret agents or spies, to send messages to your lover knowing that his or her partner won't be able read to read them when he or she snoops the mobile.
The first thing you should do when you send a message is to decide how long it will "live". Choose from "delete on read" (60 seconds!) to a month. When the given time is done, that message is once and for all deleted from both users' devices. If there were pictures attached, they are deleted too.
There is a message status screen that shows you when a text message has been received, opened and expired.
It is important not to forget that both users must have the application installed so that the trick works.
Since TigerText uses the data connection on your phone, messages sent through this app are free, even international ones. Finally, TigerText is cross-platform, which is always welcome.
If you want further security, check TigerTextPRO for Business, the other successful TigerText app.
Recommended to those interested, but it is also a 'lovely' app.
TigerText not only keeps your communications secure, it helps transform your workflows for maximum productivity, all while remaining compliant with industry regulations such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
• SECURE MESSAGING: Keep messages private with fully encrypted, end-to-end, secure texting solution.
• DELIVERY CONFIRMATION: Know instantly when messages have been sent, delivered, and read.
• MESSAGE LIFESPAN: Set message lifespan to dictate when messages will be automatically deleted.
• MESSAGE RECALL: Recall a message and attachments before or after it has been read.
• UNIVERSAL MESSAGING: Securely converse with colleagues who do not have TigerText.
• VOICE NOTES: Record, attach, and send voice files for more detailed messages.
• DO NOT DISTURB: Let colleagues know when you’re not available. Create custom auto-replies.
• GROUP MESSAGING: Create groups on the fly to improve collaboration and coordination.
• MESSAGE FORWARDING: Easily add colleagues and experts to ongoing text conversations.
• DELIVERY ESCALATION: Notifications not delivered within 2 minutes are re-sent via SMS.
• MULTIPLE INBOXES: Quickly switch between inboxes when using multiple TigerText accounts.
• MULTI-PLATFORM SUPPORT: Access secure messages on any smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
• INTEGRATED CORPORATE DIRECTORIES: Active Directory, LDAP, and eDirectory integration.
• SECURE ATTACHMENTS (Desktop Only): Securely attach PDFs, images, and other files from apps like Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
• PIN LOCK: Admins or users can configure 4-digit numeric PIN settings in the app for added security.
• MESSAGE ARCHIVING (OPTIONAL): Compliance-based industries may add hosted archiving to capture transactional data.
TigerText is currently certified to work in the U.S. and Canada. While users in other countries may download and use the app for free, TigerText access may be inconsistent outside the U.S. and Canada.
• Moved to faster network protocol
• Improved ability to send and receive messages in poor network conditions
• Faster account syncing across all platforms
• Improved overall processing, now requiring less battery power to use it
• Added more stability to address crashes
We're always improving as a result of your feedback. Please let us know what you think!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
I think they started this way, but ended up as a good HIPAA compliant solution for hospitals and doctors, and seem to now have a very solid business.
Will not let you use it unless its for work. And your organization has to sign you up for it. WASTE OF TIME.
Can receive but not send messages, when one message comes in the app continues to make a notification periodically even after i have read the msg. Wish i could delete but it won't allow me the option.
Stuff does not send and receipt is spotty
Don't recieve messages and don't send them either. Need updates
Had problems after the update. Notified support and they reset the account and works fine now.
I dont know how to log in i put my name for username and it saids whats my password i dont get it