Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Good-looking layout
- Ease of use
- Interesting features
- Content hidden remains when uninstalling app
Vault-Hide allows you to hide with a PIN your SMS messages, call logs, contacts, photos and videos
This is the free version: hidden SMS are restricted to 100 and it doesn't include Stealth Mode.
Do you have some private content you don't want to share with anyone? Vault-Hide will help you out with that. First time you launch the app it asks you to set a pin code (number) to manage the app. You can choose hide the app icon in order to avoid anyone to check if you're hiding files or not (Stealth mode, only available in the paid version). You'll be able to access vault dashboard from your dialpad, by entering ##your_password and hit send or call. Once code's set, you can start hiding content like SMS messages, call logs, contacts, photos and videos.
It has to be said that the app is set in a really good-looking interface. In this regard, one of the best hide content app we've tried so far. What's more, it includes some interesting freatures like "Slideshow" that allows you to view a slideshow of your hidden photos by pressing play; or "Restore contacts" if you no longer want to hide a contact. Other interesting features can be set from "preferences": status bar notifications, break-in alerts, edit notification text or vibration.
A great app regarding interface, ease of use and features. The only catch is shared with other hidden-content apps: when you uninstall the app, if there's some content hidden, it will remain like this. Despite of that, recommendable app.
Slideshow - You can view a slideshow of your hidden photos by pressing play
Restore contacts - If you no longer want to hide a contact, it's easy to rstore them to your main call log.
Upgrade to preium to take advante of these great benefits (stealth mode, no limit hide messages (100 free version).
● App Lock [NEW]: Email, Facebook, Skype, Tango, Instagram, Amazon, Candy Crush…any apps you choose to lock will be protected with a password, if someone try to use your locked app, she/he must enter the correct password in order to open it. And for premium user, you can select unlimited apps to lock and also enable the Camouflage App Lock to make your locked apps appear like it is crashed.
● Photos & videos protection: All files will be encrypted into a private place and can only be viewed in Vault after entering the correct password. Allow users to manually select and import photos but also have the function that can automatically mark all your still visible photos and remind you to import them.
● Vault Camera: Helps to eliminate any possibility of leaving private content out in the open with its built in camera, which will automatically secure any photo and video it takes behind Vault’s password protected album.
● Contacts/SMS/Call logs protection: allow users to create “private contact”, and all messages and calls from the contact “disappear” from the phone, almost as if the contact never exists. Vault hides text message and suppresses incoming message alert.
● Facebook Messages: Do you worry about your Facebook messages being seen by your friends' friends? Worry no more. Vault can hide the Facebook messages that you rather keep to yourself. Simply open Messages and chat privately.
● Dashboard: Run a quick checkup to examine how secure your private information is on your mobile device and populate the result on an easy-to-read dashboard.
● Membership Transfer: Have a new phone but worrying about transferring your premium services to this new phone need to pay again? Now, ‘Membership Transfer’ will make the transferring easy and simple and without any costs.
● Break-In Attempts (premium): it photographs anyone who enters the wrong password to attempt your Vault, without the intruder knowing it. Help to monitor who access the phone and when such attempt was made. This feature requires an Android 2.3 (or higher) device with a front-facing camera.
● Fake Vault (premium): Create a decoy vault to protect the real one. If someone insists to see the content in your Vault, just show them the ‘fake’ one.
● Vault Online (Premium): back up your Vault files to NQ’s private cloud space. Data is securely encrypted and can only be accessed by you.
● Stealth Mode (Premium): allows users to completely hide Vault’s icon on the phone’s home screen. When stealth mode is on, Vault’s icon will disappear. And it can be opened again by entering your password from within the phone dialer.
More about Vault:
Since the launch, Vault has been the most popular app of its kind on the market today, used by more than 10 million users worldwide.
1.May, 2012, NQ Mobile Vault was selected as the Best App of CTIA by the Techlicious 2012 Best of CTIA Awards.
2.July, 2012, NQ Mobile Vault awarded PC Magazine Best Apps
3.October, 2012, NQ Mobile Vault for Android was selected as a top 50 app at the Global Mobile Internet Conference App Space.
4.May, 2013, NQ Mobile Vault received TRUSTe Seal.
About NQ Mobile:
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone with approximately 326 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
- Apoorva K. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Ratnesh M. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Kc Y. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Milton Tonderai C. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Traxex R. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Matthew M. Downloaded Nov 24, 2013
- Raph S. Downloaded Nov 10, 2013
- Alirio A. Downloaded Nov 7, 2013
- Taylor J. Downloaded Nov 7, 2013
I'd say it's secure about 95% of the time... and that's not what I was paying for. Most of the fails come from opening one app within another. Like my gallery was supposed to be secure, but if you take a picture and open it in a sms and send it, you are n