Manga Rock - Best Manga Reader
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Huge catalog: over 50,000 from 15 multi-language sources
- Download manga for offline reading
- User-friendly interface, Holo-style layout
- Adjustable reading parameters: zoom, brightness, lock orientation
- Notifications (new releases)
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Manga Rock is a top-notch manga reader with multi-language sources
WARNING: This is the international version of Manga Rock. If you are located in the U.S. you should download the app from here.
If you truly love Manga, then you've landed at the right place. Manga Rock isn't just a handy mobile manga reader but one that comes packed with thousands of manga from multiple sources. Thus, there's no need to search, download and add them manually to your device since Manga Rock has an amazingly huge catalog to your delight.
Manga Rock has already 2 millions users on iOS. Coincidence? I don't think so. It supports up to 7 languages (English, Italian, Vietnamese, German, French, Spanish and Chinese). There are several manga sources for each language (15 total) with over 50,000 titles. Select all the sources or the ones you like most. Manga Rock automatically lists all the manga according to that filters. There are other filters though: you can sort by genres, status, alphabetical order or ranking. Likewise, Manga Rock allows you to search any manga by title or author, from its top search bar.
Thus, there you can find titles such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, Gantz, High School of the Dead... and many many others (due to copyrights, not all manga are available for US users). All manga can be read both online and offline, you just need to download them to your device. Multiple concurrent downloads and background downloading are supported. However, the number of allowed downloads in this free version is limited: upgrade to the Full version to remove ads and the downloading restriction.
What about the reading experience? Outstanding. It supports portrait and landscape reading mode, as well as left to right and right to left reading directions. As if that wasn't enough, you can pinch for zooming in/out, adjust brightness and lock orientation and "favorite" manga to access them quickly and, most importantly, to receive notifications on new releases.
Manga Rock is set in an intuitive interface that allows a quick access to the different sections that make up the app. Navigation is intuitive and responsive and the design is minimalist and stylish.
If you love manga, this is going to rock your iPhone. One of the best manga app out there.
★ All in all, Manga Rock is one of the best manga reader apps that we’ve seen for Android -- Addictivetips.com
★ Read & download over 50k manga from 24 popular manga sources.
★ Support 7 languages
IMPORTANT: If you are an existing user of the old Manga Rock Android app, please visit our latest blog post first (http://bit.ly/17PkDDg)
✔ Back up & Restore (MR Cloud)
- Back up and restore Manga Rock data (Favorite, Recent, and Personalized Settings) across multiple Android (and later iOS) devices.
- Support log in using Facebook, Twitter, or Manga Rock account
- Support up to 5 Android devices per account
✔ Manga Catalog
- Support both Cover and List mode in All Manga, Latest Updates, Favorites, Recents, and Downloaded views for better, more visual navigation.
- Search for manga by title or author name
- Filter and sort manga list by source, genres, status, alphabetical order, or ranking
- Show read/unread indicator for easy navigation
✔ Languages & Sources
- Fully localized in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, and Vietnamese
- Read manga from 24 popular sources:
# English: Batoto (EN), MangaHere, MangaReader, MangaFox, MangaEden (EN)
# Spanish: Submanga, MangaHere (ES), Batoto (ES)
# French: AnimeStory, Batoto (FR)
# German: Meinmanga, Demanga, MangaTube
# Italian: MangaEden (IT), Itascan, Batoto (IT)
# Chinese: 99mh, manhua178, iManhua
# Vietnamese:VnSharing, Manga24h, Blogtruyen
# Russian: Readmanga, MangaRussia
✔ Manga Viewer
- Features Horizontal and Vertical reading modes
- Smart Reading Mode: Auto-switch reading mode based on device orientation
- Supports 2 reading directions: left to right and right to left
- Other reading customizations: Lock Zoom, Brightness Control, and Orientation Lock
- Auto pre-loads next chapter for a smooth online reading experience
- Supports multiple concurrent downloads
- Supports background downloading
- Reads downloaded chapters when offline
✔ Favorite & Recent
- Favorite a manga to keep track of its releases.
- Notification will show in Notification Center whenever favorite manga has new chapter
- Auto-download new chapter for favorite manga
- "New" indicator for latest favorited manga's releases
- Check "Recents" to know your reading history and jump back to the last read pages
✔ Personalize Settings:
- On/Off: Notification for new chapter of favorite manga
- On/Off: Auto-download new chapter for favorite manga
- On/Off: Smart Reading Mode
- On/Off: Tap Back twice to exit viewer
- On/Off: Auto-download next chapter for online reading
- On/Off: Download manga with WIfi only
- On/Off: Max number of connection when downloading with Wifi
- Choose your own startup screen as either All Manga, Latest Updates, Favorites, Downloaded or Recents view.
- Choose where to save downloaded manga: internal or external storage (SD card)
If you are a manga enthusiastic, you will know that the Play Store is plagued with so many manga reader apps like "Manga Searcher", "Manga Reader", "Pocket Manga", "Manga Hello", "Mobi Manga". "Manga Watcher", "Manga Viewer", "Comic Books", "Comic Viewer", etc. But you can stop the search now. Manga Rock is truly the best manga reader for Android!
Join over 2 millions happy users on both Android and iOS platforms now!
- Android OS: 4.0 ICS and above
- Size: 5MB
- Screen size: 480x800 and above
- Website: www.mangarockapp.com
- Blog: http://blog.notabasement.com/
- Google+: www.gplus.to/MangaRock
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/mangarockapp
If you have any feedback, send us an email at email@example.com, we'll get back to you shortly.
Version 1.4 is a major update with many new features:
Introducing “Cover Mode”
- An all-new, beautiful way to navigate through your manga in All Manga, Latest Updates, Favorites, Recents, and Downloaded views. To access, just tap the switch button at the top right corner of these views.
Personalized startup screen
- Choose your own startup screen using Settings → Personalize.
Free downloaded slots (Beta)
- Free users now can get extra downloaded slots via Tapjoy.
And bug fixes!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
The app is very easy and good to read and also to find new mangas as well
Actually this is probably one of the most easiest and the most simple mangareader on android. It's just this app used too much memory (mine almost 230MB and i reinstall it) and we only can download 1 manga. But overall, this is so good!
I love this app
Great app. Fast and smooth. Just needs to fix the random crashes when app is launched.
I'm planning to purchase the pro version because it will be worth it!!!~_~
Good reader w/ usable features
More updates pls..