500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Minimalist design
- It's still odd for non-geek users
+ By Madalynn
A full-featured Android IRC client
IRC sounds like something from Internet’s pleistocene. However, real IT geeks never left the once revolutionary communication tool. And if you did, it’s time to come back.
AndroIRC is a full-featured IRC client with everything you need to enjoy those classic chat rooms. It supports multiple servers connections, nickserv auth, easy access to channels management, themes and customizations, shortcuts… and many more features that will bring you back to the pre-Y2K era.
AndroIRC is set in a minimalist yet user-friendly interface. Connecting to servers, joining channels and start chatting is straightforward. You should give it a go. Experiencing IRC with a touchscreen keyboard is something you won't miss.
AndroIRC is your new IRC client!
• mIRC colors
• auto join channels on startup
• nickserv auth
• Android notifications
• copy & paste
• sasl auth (plain and blowfish)
• Multiple servers connections (SSL support)
• Easy access menu to kick, ban, change privileges...
• FiSH support (needs Android 2.3 or above)
• Tablet support
• SSL certificate support
• /Ignore support
• Nick and channels completion
• Handle irc:// links
• And much more!
Some UI tips:
You can see userlist by double tapping on the screen, and the open channels list by single tapping. You can also navigate between open channels by flinging!
If you want to report some issues or bugs, please use our support page: http://www.androirc.com/support
• All latest news on http://www.androirc.com
• Bugs? Report them in http://bugs.androirc.com !
Starting with AndroIRC 3.2, a new permission is required to get access to your location. This is *only* for the new action "Share my location" and nothing else! Moreover, AndroIRC *does not* have access to a precise position (given by GPS), but only to an approximate one (given by the network).
AndroIRC 4.0 beta 2 is available! See here for more informations: http://www.androirc.com/blog/34/androirc-v4-0-beta-2-is-here
What's new on v3.3.4?
• Users list is back!
What's new on v3.3.3?
• translations updated
• bugs fix
What's new on v3.3.2?
• Honeycomb users can now access preferences
• Nickserv authentication preferences are now correctly saved
What's new on v3.3.1?
• fixed an issue introduced by 3.3.0 concerning the dark theme. You should now have the black background back! Sorry about that!
What's new on v3.3?
• The main UI has been redesigned to allow easier access to the opened channels
• SSL certificate support
• /Ignore support (with same mIRC syntax)
See http://www.androirc.com/changelog/3.3 for a full changelog, and http://www.androirc.com/article/31/androirc-3-3-now-available-on-the-android-market for more details!
What's new on v3.2?
• added: "Share my location" action. It shares your location with the active channel or the active query. This is why AndroIRC needs a new "Your location" permission. It's only used for the "Share your location" feature, and for nothing else!
• fixed: properly handle network disconnection/reconnection if the app. if in background. It may not be perfect yet, but it's much better than before.
• fixed: connection issues should now be resolved for everyone
• fixed: if SSL options is turned on and the selected port does not accept SSL, automatically turn SSL off.
- users list is back!
- translations updated
- bugs fix
- fixed an issue introduced by 3.3.0 concerning the dark theme.
- Fixed: pressing enter on the software keyboard now send the message.
- The main UI has been redesigned to allow easier access to the opened channels
- SSL certificate support
- /Ignore support (with same mIRC syntax)
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I've tried every mobile irc client I've found. All of them have bad qualities. Some of them have a few redeeming qualities. The bad: notification icon that status on all the time. The good: It does most things better than any other mobile client I've used. If not for the notification thing, I would've probably given it four stars.
Probably the best IRC client for Android
Would have gave 5 stars if DCC send and receive was incorporated.
Only free irc app I can find that works. Of course there are issues with it but I can chat on it and that's all I care about.
This app works perfectly, I can connect to my bnc, chat, I've yet to see an issue. Not sure why people are complaining
Thanks for fixing lot of bugs...
Works OK at first, but after a while when there's a lot of text in the history the animations get lower framerates and it feels slow.