500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Minimalist design
- It's still odd for non-geek users
+ By Madalynn
A full-featured Android IRC client
IRC sounds like something from Internet’s pleistocene. However, real IT geeks never left the once revolutionary communication tool. And if you did, it’s time to come back.
AndroIRC is a full-featured IRC client with everything you need to enjoy those classic chat rooms. It supports multiple servers connections, nickserv auth, easy access to channels management, themes and customizations, shortcuts… and many more features that will bring you back to the pre-Y2K era.
AndroIRC is set in a minimalist yet user-friendly interface. Connecting to servers, joining channels and start chatting is straightforward. You should give it a go. Experiencing IRC with a touchscreen keyboard is something you won't miss.
• mIRC colors
• auto join channels on startup
• nickserv auth
• Android notifications
• copy & paste
• sasl auth (plain and blowfish)
• Multiple servers connections (SSL support)
• Easy access menu to kick, ban, change privileges...
• FiSH support (needs Android 2.3 or above)
• Tablet support
• SSL certificate support
• /Ignore support
• Nick and channels completion
• Proxy support
• Handle irc:// links
• And much more!
If you want to report some issues or bugs, please use our support page: http://www.androirc.com/support. You can also find all latest news on our website, http://www.androirc.com
Note: Starting with AndroIRC 3.2, a new permission is required to get access to your location. This is *only* for the new action "Share my location" and nothing else! Moreover, AndroIRC *does not* have access to a precise position (given by GPS), but only to an approximate one (given by the network).
- UserList was not always working
- Kick / ban was not working
- Themes support. See this wiki page for more details.
- New UserList. Performances when the channel has a large number of users should be improved
- Action Bar support for device prior to Honeycomb
- Rewritten networking support: users should experience better network stability
- Support for Blowfish CBC encryption algorithm
Full change-log is available here: http://www.androirc.com/changelog/4.0.3
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
can you make an option to set how to view user list ? because i prefer to double tap it than swipe it thanks
It says "UNFORTUNATELY ANDROIRC HAS STOP!!" WTF!!!
Can't close server windows. Should be a way to join directly from a list of saved/favorite channels.