- validate against and store it in an Excel spreadsheet
- store it in plain files on your SD card for later processing
- send it to your own backend server for validation (optionally also storing locally)
- send it directly to your PC
When validating against an Excel spreadsheet it will check if the barcode exists as well as if the barcode has been scanned more times than max allowed. If both conditions are fulfilled the timestamp for the scan is stored within the spreadsheet.
When sending to a backend server it connects through the HTTP protocol over Wi-Fi (on local network or via Internet) or cell phone network. The server response can be processed by the app. The response can be plain text or HTML code, or even a URL to a web page (see documentation for examples), which will be shown on the screen.
By using a free application (PC Connector) that requires no install you can send the barcodes to your PC and for example have them entered on an Excel spreadsheet or in a text input field on a form on a web page. See the documentation for download link and instructions. Alternatively you can use it to send any kind of command to your PC - contact us for more info.
When storing to the device (on the SD card) it stores the data in JSON files, which are both easy to read by a human and easy to read by a machine. The app remembers which barcodes have been sent to the server and which haven't. You have full access to the raw data. Any barcodes that haven't yet been sent to the server can be sent in batch mode when you are online. Also options to export to Excel and CSV. We guarantee you will always have full flexibility to do what you need with your data.
Instead of using the camera on the device you also have the option of using an external (eg. Bluetooth) hand-held or table scanner.
Optionally you can store/send the GPS location together with the barcode.
This app is perfect for validation of tickets or registration of participants for an event, as an inventory scanner, scanning of product barcodes or whatever data you want to collect and process. It provides you with full flexibility of what you want to do with the barcodes.
If you need any other features please contact us.
- scan any of these 1D/2D barcodes: QR Code, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, ITF, Codabar, RSS-14, Data Matrix, PDF 417, Aztec
- option to send to Excel on SD card, send to PC, store on device, or send to a backend server over the HTTP or HTTPS protocol
- option to batch send the locally stored and unprocessed barcodes to server
- multiple devices: you give each device a customized ID which is stored/sent along with each barcode.
- option to store GPS coordinates together with barcode
- export locally stored barcodes to Excel or CSV
- option to use an external scanner (eg. Bluetooth)
- option for batch/continuous scanning: automatically start scanning again after succesfully scanning a barcode
- process server response: process a JSON string and show any messages, either plain text or HTML, or even show a web page.
- audible notification of valid and non-valid barcodes, as well as of processing errors (use default or a custom sound)
Keywords: submit to url, api, database, excel, csv, php, backend system, library, event registration, handheld scanner, scanning terminal, barcode terminal, ticket validation, tool, readr, server-side, client-side, wifi, LAN, WAN
Based on the ZXing library.
Tags: barcode terminal, bar code terminal, barcode scanner terminal, barcode terminals, barcode scanner bulkscan send userdefined, connection between and database in server, zxing server side database, bulk scan and send to custom url, kao barcode terminal, terminal scanner.
2.3 -- November 8, '13:
* Fixed bug causing Scan button not to show
2.2 -- October 31, '13:
* Option for using your own custom sounds
2.1 -- Mar 3, '13:
* Validate against local Excel spreadsheet
2.0 -- Feb 25, '13:
* Export stored barcodes to Excel or CSV
* Send batch of unprocessed to server
* Store/send GPS coordinates
Full change log: www.winternet.no/barcodescannerterminal/#changelog