50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Manage who can contact you
- Talk and send files, create group messages
- High usability
- Some problems with activation
Talk only to those who you want to contact, discover the new BlackBerry Messenger for Android and iOS
Here it is! The official BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is now available for Android and iOs as well. However, if you're downloading it right now, there's a wait list given the large amount of success, so you might need to wait a while in order to use it.
BBM was very popular on BlackBerry phones because it allowed communication between their users in a very easy and comfortable way. But then, smartphones spread and What'sApp became the most successful instant message application, as it could be downloaded in all three main platforms.
BBM allows you, of course, to stay connected with your friends and to see if your messages have been delivered and read. You can also create group chats, share pictures, documents and voice files, there are no limitations.
While the functioning is the same (it uses PINs instead of phone numbers so it's more private), design has been enhanced and now it's much more usable.
BlackBerry Limited is the developer of BBM, which has just arrived to Android and iOS. Apparently, there have been some problems regarding the mail activation and we hope everything's fixed soon.
Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Say ‘hello’ with BBM Voice – free voice calling between BBM Contacts*
• Quickly share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• Allow contacts to view your location live on a map, powered by Glympse*
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
With BBM, what you share is yours to control:
• Timed Messages: Set how long contacts have access to messages and pictures shared in a chat before it disappears from the screen.**
• Message Retraction: ‘Retract’ a message to remove it from your BBM chat.*
• You choose how to share your information - BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it's more private, and you always control who can contact you
• You choose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren't part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
BBM Channels: Join conversations happening now about the things you love.
• Create a new channel to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
• Subscribe to an existing BBM channel to join chats with others who share your interests.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
Download BBM for free today.
Data charges may apply
While these features are designed to remove the message or picture the recipient’s BBM chat view, they do not prevent recipients from capturing an image of the content by taking a screenshot or using an image capture device. Retracting a message after it has been read by the recipient will remove the message from the BBM chat view, but will not affect copies of the message that the recipient may have made prior to the message being retracted.
*Note features not available on Android smartphones running 2.3.x (Gingerbread)
- THE NEW BBM SHOP: Find great apps, sticker packs and more to personalize your chats.
- Bug fixes & performance improvements
After 2 days! still waiting for an email from blackberry phewz!
Guys do check out my new android based blog
Thank you! Comments will be appreciated
Sending images always fails. Profile photo is compressed until the quality is so bad.
Recently i have upgraded to a latest version, and barcode scan appears to not working properly with a notification saying "sorry android camera encountered a problem, please restart your device". My camera works fine in any other apps, and its fine in doing a barcode scan through an older version of bbm. Please fix it. I don't have any other idea where i can report a problem other than here. I'm w
Puaslah pake bbm