This app works over the Internet and does not require bluetooth, does not share (or transmit) your contacts, and even hashes your account email for added security. New in version 2.0.0, you can completely encrypt your messages between devices! (Android 3.0 - 4.2)
New in 2.1.8 is extension support for the amazing DashClock lockscreen widget!
1) Install and run on tablet.
2) Install and run on phone.
3) All done - send your first SMS from your tablet!
* Looking to send a message to a phone number instead of a contact? *
Open Settings and change the Contact List Style to Contact Search / Number Entry. This option allows you to choose a contact by name with auto-complete, or by entering a phone number for the recipient.
** Need support? Have a question about a feature? Please email me and I'd be happy to help, as I am unable to reply to feedback. **
Support Email Address: bechard at gmail dot com.
* You will need to have the same Google account on both devices. If you have multiple accounts, you may have to select the correct account in settings.
-= Common Issues =-
* Experiencing delays getting messages on your tablet while the screen is off? Try changing your Wifi sleep policy. Android Settings, Wifi, (menu) Advanced, Set Wifi to be Always on.
* Some third party SMS applications lock in the SMS data and require a setting change to make them share with other applications.
GO SMS: Under 'Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Receive Settings' - Uncheck the box that says 'Disable other message notification'
MIUI Users: In the MIUI messaging app go to "settings" and make sure "System MMS app priority" is unchecked.
Handcent Users: Open Handcent -> Settings -> Application Settings -> Default Messaging application -> Disable. You may have to reboot or restart Handcent's services for it to allow messages to go through after making this change.
Other SMS Apps: Please look for any settings relating to passing on messages.
Go ahead and take your SMS to the Tablet!
Tags: cloud sms, miui cloud messaging, android cloud sms contacts problem, miui activate sms cloud, miui cloud messages.
Recently changed in this version:
* Added Image sending from the Tablet! Images are uploaded and sent as a short link using normal SMS due to Android MMS limitations.
* New App Icon!
* Added new network state detection to ensure devices remain sync across mobile/wifi changes
* All message timestamps are now based on the Phone's received time
* Fixed bug with Phone Call notification running wild, will ring for a max of ten seconds, and ignores any old phone calls when reconnecting to Wifi
* Fixed many other small bugs