1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- SSH, Telnet and Local connections
- Resize command line
- Port forwards
- For advanced users
A powerful open-source Secure Shell (SSH) client.
ConnectBot is a terminal, a console, a command line and Secure Shell client. You can connect to ssh, telnet or local, setup port forwards, scan url, force command line size and copy/paste queries.
It allows you to manage multiple SSH sessions, tunneling and connect to UNIX-based SSH servers.
It doesn't requires any setup. It's reliable and really easy to use. Highly recommended.
This client allows you to connect to Secure Shell servers that typically run on UNIX-based servers.
• Key exchange and host key algorithm preference order was not being respected.
• ECDH would sometimes fail.
• DSA host key support was broken from the beginning of the v1.8 series.
• Connections would sometimes close when leaving ConnectBot.
• Telnet port range too high will no longer cause crashes.
• More context is given for failures to connect via SSH.
• SSH key exchange algorithm will now be printed upon connection.
• All addresses for a particular host will be tried.
Seriously, you have to see this ssh app:
Works flawlessly with raspberry pi. but no up/down arrows and typing on a phone is not optimal but i think most of it is not the developers fault so overall 4.5 stars
Latest version no longer connects to Windows machines running Bitvise ssh. Once that's fixed, it's a 5 star app.
I use it to connect to my Raspberry PI and it works flawlessly
GSSAPI/Kerberos support and an equivalent to ProxyCommand would be useful additions.
This app works like a champ. I've been using it on all my android phones. I use it for some shell stuff but mostly use it to tunnel/port forward other apps access into my home network over the internet. I can poke my home router, tunnel webcam feeds, and I even once used it to tunnel network control of my Samsung TVs to mess with my in-laws. >:-D