1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- SSH, Telnet and Local connections
- Resize command line
- Port forwards
- For advanced users
A powerful open-source Secure Shell (SSH) client.
ConnectBot is a terminal, a console, a command line and Secure Shell client. You can connect to ssh, telnet or local, setup port forwards, scan url, force command line size and copy/paste queries.
It allows you to manage multiple SSH sessions, tunneling and connect to UNIX-based SSH servers.
It doesn't requires any setup. It's reliable and really easy to use. Highly recommended.
This client allows you to connect to Secure Shell servers that typically run on UNIX-based servers.
• Key exchange and host key algorithm preference order was not being respected.
• ECDH would sometimes fail.
• DSA host key support was broken from the beginning of the v1.8 series.
• Connections would sometimes close when leaving ConnectBot.
• Telnet port range too high will no longer cause crashes.
• More context is given for failures to connect via SSH.
• SSH key exchange algorithm will now be printed upon connection.
• All addresses for a particular host will be tried.
Seriously, you have to see this ssh app:
Solid SSH client; I rely on it every day.
Seems that the key exchange problem has somewhat morphed in version 1.8.4. Now, periodically, the following message appears: "Hostkey signature sent by remote is wrong!" Usually, another attempt resolves the issue. Itseems less chronic than the prior signed/unsigned shared secret encoding, but is still occurring nonetheless. (prior review follows)... For those suffering with the message "Key
Port forwarding is utterly broken in the latest version. Whenever you use that to forward a http port and switch to any other browser, Connect boyt simply drops the connection in the background. Going back to Connect Bot simply gives a dead ssh session. Tried different servers to no avail... shame, used to be a great app.
Plz give some tips to ise this app
Simple yet effective ssh client. No fancy crap, only job getting done.
Works very well. Unlike another SSH client, this actually uses a fixed width font. Moreover, it can generate and use key pairs that allow disabling password authentication. Superb program.