Whitepages Caller ID & Block
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Identify callers/texters
- Block numbers
- Makes mistakes
- Too much socialmedia
+ By Whitepages
This Caller ID app identifies who's calling and lets you block numbers.
The Whitepages app identifies the sources for those unknown calls and texts you keep receiving. And if you don't want to talk to them, simply block the number because this app lets you do that too. The app is pretty smart too. If it identifies a caller as SPAM, you can set it to notify you so you're not wasting your time with it. The app has extra features like location and phone sharing and even gives you a frequent caller widget so you can call those the closest to you with one single push of a button.
This easy to use app always lets you know who's calling in case it's just not that important.It also lets you block those annoying telemarketers. It has added features that you'll love.
The app sometimes makes mistakes on who's calling. Other times, it gives you too much with syncing with social media outlets.
• Caller ID: Identify calls from unknown phone numbers before you answer or return the call.
• Text ID: Know who is texting even if they are not in your phone contacts.
• Call Blocking: Send spam, scams, telemarketers and unwanted calls from people you want to avoid straight to voicemail.
• Spam Protection: Alerts automatically appear to warn you if an incoming call is from a suspected spammer. You can also report spam callers to Whitepages to prevent them from bothering others.
• Customize Your Caller ID: Choose your Facebook or LinkedIn profile as your caller ID. When you connect your social accounts, incoming calls feature Facebook or LinkedIn profile photos and details.
• In-Call Location & Photo Sharing: Attach your current location to help with directions or share a photo with any call.
• Update Contacts: Add names and addresses from the Whitepages directory to your contacts to keep them complete and up to date.
• Frequent Caller Widget: Keep your favorite contacts a tap away on your home screen.
• Calling & Texting Habits: Look up and share your calling and texting habits with friends and family.
• Social Media Integration: See the latest profile photo, job title and city information for friends, family and business associates from Facebook and LinkedIn.
Whitepages Caller ID is brought to you by Whitepages. Utilizing the power of the Whitepages database of hundreds of millions of phone numbers, you’ll know the true caller behind more calls and texts.
Note: Text blocking is currently not available on Android 4.4/KitKat+.
Awards & Reviews
** Top 10 App - TIME Magazine
** Webby Award Nominee
** Android App of the Week – Gizmodo
"Whitepages’ Caller ID app is the future of smartphone calling" – VentureBeat
"Caller ID on steroids" - Huffington Post
(Whitepages Caller ID previously named Whitepages Current Caller ID)
What's new in 5.2:
- Improved profile editing.
- Bug fixes.
- Simplified Facebook login.
Thanks for your support and feedback!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Oliver T. Robson.
Used to work well... Now it lags and freezes. Doesn't identify calls anymore.....
See who is calling and who is a scam
Like this version, but liked the old version better, this one gives locations where people don't live, not even close! Would still recommend it
It works pretty well. I'll put it on the wife's phone too
Only after you install it do you need to create an account. Nplus it requires way too many unrelated permissions for a phone ap.
Excellent Telemarketer & Scam Block App, ALWAYS ID's the caller, with location, unless it's blocked, ID's likely Scams numbers in pop-up when call is being received, so you can decline it, then easily block that or any nuisance number...it's Great!!!