500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Looks good
- Great controls
- Needs theme to change color
+ By Klinker Apps
Evolve is a great looking, elegant, simple SMS app.
Evolve looks great - however to change the color from the default orange you must download and install a new theme, a major point against it. The controls are very nice, and all up it's a good alternative if you don't like your defualt messaging app.
Evolve looks very nice - its simple and elegant, and despite the hassle, you can change the color. It also lets you set a photo as a custom background. The controls are good, letting you swipe between conversations, something more apps should do.
The fact that you have to download and install a theme through the marketplace just to change the color seems very odd - plenty of other apps let you change the color without all that hassle. Other than that however, there's not much to complain about.
- A beautiful and smooth interface for sliding between conversations so everything is just a swipe away
- Full multimedia support including sending pictures, videos, audio, contacts, and GIFs
- A popup that allows you full access to anything in the app and looks great
- Group messaging support
- Full Light Flow support
- 2 different widgets with lockscreen support
- Swipe to delete conversations
- Batch deleting messages
- Archiving messages
- Fully customizable notifications
- Password protection
- Full emoji support (850+ emojis, Android or iOS 7 style)
- Android Wear support
- Desktop messaging through Pushbullet and Yappy
- And much more :)
Unlockable with the customization plugin from inside the app:
- 3 theme options: light, dark and black
- 3 different layouts: Evolve, Hangouts, and Classic
- Facebook and Google+ cover photo integration
- Facebook contact photo integration
- Night mode
- Apply addon themes to fully customize every aspect of look in the app, there are hundreds on the Play Store to enjoy!
Unlockable with the feature plugin from inside the app:
- More MMS options (GIFs and contacts)
- Message backup through Dropbox
- Private inbox
- Scheduled SMS messages
- Personalized mass messages
Here are two different emoji plugins for you to choose from, choose whichever suits you best, install it and never worry about it again!
Please note: The app is completely free to download and enjoy for everyone! There are 2 different in-app purchases to expand on the functionality of the app and help me out with future development… If you like the app, feel free to show it and buy the in-app purchases in the settings menu :)
Permissions explained (there are a lot because of the nature of the app):
- Send SMS: allows for sending messages
- Read SMS: allows for reading messages from the database
- Write SMS: allows for writing messages to the database
- Receive SMS and MMS: allows for notifications to be shown when message is received
- Read Contacts: allows for contact names and pictures to be found and displayed
- Read Phone State: allows for reading your phone number
- Read Profile: allows for reading your contact image
- Vibrate: allows for vibration on notifications and haptic feedback
- Call Phone: allows for calling a contact
- Write External Storage: allows for saving media to the SD card
- Get Tasks: allows for checking if EvolveSMS is currently running or not
- Wake Lock: allows for waking the screen when a new message is received
- Disable Keyguard: allows for unlocking the device after a popup is shown
- Receive Boot Completed: allows services to be started once your device finishes booting up
- Internet: allows for sending MMS messages
- Access/Change WiFi State: allows MMS messages to monitor current WiFi state and disable temporarily if necessary
- Access/Change Network State: allows for enabled network connectivity when sending MMS messages
- Access Location: allows for attaching location to MMS messages
- Get Accounts: allows for signing in and caching Google+ cover photos
- Use Credentials: allows for signing in and caching Google+ cover photos
- Billing: allows for in app purchases
- UI Tweaks
See the Get Help section of settings for a full changelog!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Oliver T. Robson.
TrÃ©s bonne application , mais les mms ne fonctionnent pas (Bouygues ) , message d erreur " le processus com.klinker.android.evolve_sms s 'est arrÃ©tÃ© :-(
Only 4 stars as the swipe to delete a conversation is very erratic. Works one minute not the next. But overall an excellent app and my new default sms app.
Overall, the UI seems to work much better now.
Yet. For a simple theme. I need to pay?
I love this app but I think the group messaging facility needs to be cleaned up. Currently, it's unclear who you've selected and seems buggy when you try to add someone from your address book. Also, I just noticed that in the latest update, the delete conversation option doesn't seem to work. Please fix, Mr Dev, and I'll return you to your rightful five stars.
Looking for a good app