500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Great design
- Smooth, easy to use
- Is it really necessary?
An interesting chat application to chat privately
Frankly is a brand new chat application where you can easily talk to your friends and gossip about anything and anyone without getting caught.
How does it work? Write your message and wait for the response. Remember that you will need to tap on the message in order to read it (if not, it will be blurry).
Messages aren't stored and they disappear after a while, so you don't need to worry about privacy. However, you can always save them to read later if the information was important.
One interesting feature is that, after you regret sending a message and delete it, the app will let you know if someone has taken a screenshot. The app also provides various customization features to make the messages bigger, smaller and colorful.
We have a hundred of communication apps already and as much as this one has some curious features, we don't think people will suddenly switch to this. What's the point?
Whether you send a private text, photo, video or voice message, we make sure that what happens between friends, stays between friends. Say what you want to anyone you want. We’ll watch your back! All for FREE!
• Your secrets are safe – Don’t worry about people finding out what messages you sent, or who you sent them to. You can talk about WHATEVER you want, or WHOEVER you want. Just like a real conversation, your messages don’t hang around.
• Any friend, any place – The days of everyone having to install the same app in order to connect are over! Once you have Frankly, you can send disappearing messages to your best friends via email address or phone number, whether they have Frankly yet or not! They won’t need to download to read and respond instantly.
• Un-send your messages – No matter what you send, when you send it, or who you send it to, you can always un-send and take it back. And if anyone takes a screen grab of what you've sent, Frankly tells you about it!
• Pin your messages – We know that sometimes you don’t want all of your messages to disappear. We make it easy to save a message that you’ve already sent by swiping it to the right. Or you can tap the thumbtack on the message bar to default everything you say in the conversation to save! You can still delete them at any time though :)
• Or just be silly :) – We make it easier for you to be you! Change the colors of your messages with the swipe of a finger, or make what you say big and loud or small and subtle with a simple pinch.
• Meet Friends – While we’re perfect for you and your best friends, we thought it might be nice to meet some new people as well! Join group chats based on your interests and connect with people all over the world! We have made it extra safe through our super easy blocking and flagging system.
• Go anonymous with your friends – Want to catch up on the latest gossip? Throw a bunch of your friends into one big anonymous conversation and let the fun begin.
• Customizable usernames – We want you to be you, so represent yourself that way! Customize your username to whatever you’d like, and that’s how your friends can find you!
• Video & Voice messages – Because sometimes words just aren’t good enough, we’re giving you video & audio chat to record what’s going on around you. Start and stop your media to create a masterpiece and tell your story!
• Get connected – Connect with your friends through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, email address, or phone number!
• Be anywhere in the world – Unlike old-school SMS texting, Frankly let’s you chat with friends anywhere in the world for free. All you and your friends need is a Wi-Fi connection.
- Resolved an issue with notifications not being shown when the app is backgrounded/closed for extended periods.
- Quickly delete and unsend all messages in a chatroom with a single click.
- Vastly improved the notification system.
- Added the ability to copy text of sent and pinned messages.
- Applied a more mobile-optimized font for messages.
- Added a “Load earlier messages” to avoid loading entire history of a chatroom.
- Fixed an issue with inviting friends with Facebook.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
It said they would be able to get my messages through text and they didn't have to get a link or anything it's sucky !
Really glad that I found this app 'cause I always feel that nobody understands fangirling at my level.
I love it all that I read about it but how do you find friends from other countries from all over the world like Japanese , chinese and all other nationalities I really want to make heaps of friends because I do alot of social networking talking to friends and other people all around the world , could you please let me know I want to use it now but I don't know how to add friends
I'm trying to figure out how to change my app setting so i can send photos in chat...but I can't find it! Help!
I love this App
I enjoyed using it