Free Texting App SMS Text Free
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Text and call for free Pinger and non-Pinger users
- Pinger points system
- Neat minimalist interface
- Push notifications and group chat
- Only text and pictures can be shared
- Pinger is only available in US, Canada and Spain so far
+ By Pinger, Inc.
Pinger Messenger is a global free calling and texting multi-platform app
Instant messaging apps with push notifications were a revolution that changed forever the way we communicate through mobile devices. The main catch of those services is though, that both sender and receiver need to install the same app, sign up the same service and of course, having a smartphone. Pinger is going a step further: a free calling and texting service that ensures free communication even with those users that haven't installed the app or even without a smartphone.That's why, according to ComScore, Pinger is one of the Top 5 downloaded and used apps.
It works this way. Both text and calls between Pinger users are completely free. Message feature work pretty much like other instant messaging apps: push notifications, chat window, groups and media sharing. It uses VoIP technology to place calls. It works perfectly over WiFi and pretty good over data (depending on the signal quality).
Unlike other messaging apps, when those friends you want to call or text aren't Pinger users you can still contact with them through Pinger. SMS to any number are always free. Calls to non-Pinger users require a positive balance of in-app points (Pinger Points). After signing up, users get a free amount of Pinger Points as well as a fully-functional local second phone number. Pinger points allow them to call and text non-Pinger users for a limited time. However, Pinger users can earn those points too: they'll refill their saldo when receiving calls from both mobile and landlines numbers. This system turns communication into a game and gives the chances to users to keep calling and texting for free. Anywa, ff they run out of points, they can purchase packs directly from the app.
It goes without saying that the local second phone number that Pinger provides their users with enables devices with no SIM-card (iPod and iPad) to use calling and messaging features.
Pinger's set in a neat minimalist interface that makes navigation really intuitive. It's too sober though: I'm missing themes, background, emojis and some customization. By the way, main catch is that Pinger is just available in US, Canada and Spain from now. However, users from other countries can already join "Pinger without VoIP to non-Pinger users feature" by downloading TextFree app (iOS, Android and desktop versions).
UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS PLUS CALL ANY PHONE
With Pinger you get free texting app plus calling to any phone, including landlines and non-smartphones, in the US and Canada. Your friends don’t need Pinger to receive--they don’t even need to have a smartphone.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
You get your own real phone number that you can use to call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
INCOMING CALLS ALWAYS FREE; EARN MINUTES FOR FREE OUTBOUND CALLS
Incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world are always free. Plus make free or cheap calls to anyone in the US and Canada. You get 10 free minutes to start. Earn minutes for additional free outbound calls. And if you run out of minutes, it's easy to buy them super cheap.
TURN YOUR ANDROID DEVICE INTO A FREE PHONE
Give your new number to friends so they can text and call you. Calls on WiFi sound better than any mobile.
GREAT WHEN YOU’RE TRAVELING ABROAD
Download Pinger and send free texts from anywhere in the world as long as you have a data connection. Find free WiFi at your hotel, a restaurant, even on a train. Why pay for expensive roaming charges when you can text free! For download instructions, visit: http://r.pinger.com/and-intl
TEXT TO OVER 35 COUNTRIES
For a list of countries you can text to, visit: http://r.pinger.com/text-intl
BETTER THAN THOSE MESSENGER APPS
Unlike “those messenger apps” where both people have to be using the app, Pinger works with ANY phone: smart phone, basic phone, even a landline.
• Call or text your grandmother’s non-smartphone in Minneapolis--FREE.
• Call a restaurant and make reservations--FREE.
• Text a friend in Dallas or Toronto as much as you want--FREE.
• Messenger apps only work for text messages or calls between people using the app. And only when they have a smartphone. Pinger works with any phone, even if they don’t have Pinger.
NO NEED FOR MULTIPLE TEXTING & CALLING APPS
Now you don’t need to know what messenger apps your friends, family or co-workers use. Pinger does it all. Your texts are 100% free. Pics are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free. Earn free minutes for outbound calls to any phone in the US and Canada, or buy ‘em real cheap. It’s that simple.
PINGER IS MORE THAN A MESSENGER
When your friends have Pinger, talking and texting gets even better. And you and your friends get unlimited free calls (talk as long as you like) and unlimited free texts (goodbye 160 character limit!) to and from one another, anywhere in the world.
PACKED WITH ADDITIONAL FEATURES
• Get a free second line for your phone
• Send unlimited free SMS to more than 35 countries
• Send hi-res pics to anyone on AT&T, Boost, Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon and Virgin
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Pinger number
• Call anyone in US and Canada
• Call or text for free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Incoming calls are free
• Free voicemail, too
• Know the instant someone reads your texts
• Facebook contact photo sync
• Never miss a message
• Block numbers, if needed
• Zillions of ringtones and text tones
• Log in securely from any device
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Pinger is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time
• Your friends not on Pinger pay regular charges for texts and pics--nothing extra
• When not on WiFi, Pinger uses your carrier data connection. Contact your carrier for details of your data plan.
• Requires OS 2.3+
• Read our terms of service: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
TEXT FROM THE WEB
CONNECT WITH US
• New and improved user interface
• Simply drag and drop to move contacts in your Favorites screen
• Easily find your most recent messages in your “inbox”
• Enjoy improved voice quality on calls
Its good because you get one free collect call. The dail pad freezes and doesn't work when you hit a number. It has bad voice quality and would not recommend it.
Message notifications are crap, the new icons are crap, change it back. What the hell.
I love that you fixed the issue with ring tones playing endlessly when a text came in, but I still want to be able to assign individual ring tones and text tones, as well as background pictures for individual conversations like on the iPod. As for the new look, it randomly moves my tiles every time I open it, which I don't like very much. I do like the look though, but the new tiles need to tell y
I like the latest update.very nice
I don't have cell service where I live so I love that I can use this to text..since the update I get all my notifications with sound and am sooo happy they finally added some emoji's..that was the one area that was lacking..i used fb messenger for that reason..keep up the good work and keep the emoji's coming