Free Texting App Text Free
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Text and call for free Pinger and non-Pinger users
- Pinger points system
- Neat minimalist interface
- Push notifications and group chat
- Only text and pictures can be shared
- Pinger is only available in US, Canada and Spain so far
+ By Pinger, Inc.
Pinger Messenger is a global free calling and texting multi-platform app
Instant messaging apps with push notifications were a revolution that changed forever the way we communicate through mobile devices. The main catch of those services is though, that both sender and receiver need to install the same app, sign up the same service and of course, having a smartphone. Pinger is going a step further: a free calling and texting service that ensures free communication even with those users that haven't installed the app or even without a smartphone.That's why, according to ComScore, Pinger is one of the Top 5 downloaded and used apps.
It works this way. Both text and calls between Pinger users are completely free. Message feature work pretty much like other instant messaging apps: push notifications, chat window, groups and media sharing. It uses VoIP technology to place calls. It works perfectly over WiFi and pretty good over data (depending on the signal quality).
Unlike other messaging apps, when those friends you want to call or text aren't Pinger users you can still contact with them through Pinger. SMS to any number are always free. Calls to non-Pinger users require a positive balance of in-app points (Pinger Points). After signing up, users get a free amount of Pinger Points as well as a fully-functional local second phone number. Pinger points allow them to call and text non-Pinger users for a limited time. However, Pinger users can earn those points too: they'll refill their saldo when receiving calls from both mobile and landlines numbers. This system turns communication into a game and gives the chances to users to keep calling and texting for free. Anywa, ff they run out of points, they can purchase packs directly from the app.
It goes without saying that the local second phone number that Pinger provides their users with enables devices with no SIM-card (iPod and iPad) to use calling and messaging features.
Pinger's set in a neat minimalist interface that makes navigation really intuitive. It's too sober though: I'm missing themes, background, emojis and some customization. By the way, main catch is that Pinger is just available in US, Canada and Spain from now. However, users from other countries can already join "Pinger without VoIP to non-Pinger users feature" by downloading TextFree app (iOS, Android and desktop versions).
With Pinger you get free texting AND free calling in one app. Let freedom ring!
FREE SMS PLUS FREE CALLING TO ANY PHONE
Pinger gives your Android phone free text messaging AND free calling to any phone, including landlines and non-smartphones, in the US and Canada. Your friends don’t need Pinger to receive -- they don’t even need to have a smartphone. You get your own real phone number that you can use to call and SMS any phone number in Canada and the US, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
TEXTING IS UNLIMITED; EARN MINUTES FOR FREE OUTBOUND CALLS
Texting is totally free and unlimited. Incoming calls are free. You get 10 free outbound calling minutes to start, then you earn minutes for additional free outbound calls. And if you run out of minutes, it's easy to buy super cheap minutes.
LOOKING FOR ONE APP TO TEXT AND CALL? Free your voice on your Android device. Pinger is packed with a bunch of great features:
• Free calls to any phone in the US and Canada
• Get a free second line for your phone
• Send unlimited free SMS to more than 35 countries
• Get full screen text and call notifications
• Know the instant someone reads your texts
• Sync your contacts' photos with Facebook
• One view for texts, calls and voicemails
• Call or text for free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Zillions of ringtones and text tones
• Log in to your account from any device
BETTER THAN THOSE MESSENGER APPS
With Pinger you can call or text any phone number, even if they don’t have Pinger and even if they don’t have a smartphone!
• Call or text your grandmother’s non-smartphone in Minneapolis--FREE.
• Call any restaurant in New York to make reservations--FREE.
• Text a co-worker in Dallas or Toronto as much as you want--FREE.
• Messenger apps only work for text messages or calls between people using the app. And only when they have a smartphone.
NO NEED FOR MULTIPLE TEXTING & CALLING APPS
Now you don’t need to know what messenger apps your friends, family or co-workers use. Pinger does it all. Just use their mobile phone number and your texts are 100% free. Earn minutes for free calling to any phone in the US and Canada. It’s that simple.
PINGER IS MORE THAN A MESSENGER
When your friends have Pinger talking and texting gets even better. The calls are in HD, so they sound great. And you and your friends get unlimited free calls (talk as long as you like) and unlimited free texts (goodbye 160 character limit!) to and from one another, anywhere in the world.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Pinger is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time
• Tablet support coming soon
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
CONNECT WITH US
You've been waiting for this update!
• Improved battery life.
• Call notifications are way more reliable. Never miss a call, even when app is in the background.
• Fixed a pesky crashing bug.
- team Pinger
I don't ever have any problems
The app deleted its self for no reason
It stopped working correctly
Needs an emoji button, hopefully in the next update.
This app used to be decent. I even spent the money to buy minutes and have used it for about a year now. It has been getting progressively worse. Dropping calls, not connecting calls, downloading messages hours late (despite refreshing app), and a lag time of 4 sec during calls. It has been getting progressively worse. If you can, invest in a real phone. Even prepaid is better!