Hands-Free SMS Lite
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By RDMSoft
New to version 3.0 - Bluetooth Support for Hands Free Bluetooth Adapters!
Note Bluetooth is only supported on Android Versions Jelly Bean and above.
Note this is the FREE version of the app, and as such, it is limited to replying to two text messages per day. If you would like unlimited replies, consider purchasing the full version. There is a link on the main screen of this app to the paid (full) version.
Note that recent updates to Google Search cause problems with Bluetooth connectivity. Disabling the "Bluetooth headset" option under "Settings" under Google Now will address this. When this option is enabled, Google Now automatically disconnects Hands Free SMS from the Bluetooth headset so it can have exclusive rights to the headset.
Hands-Free SMS has the following options:
1. Request Reply: If selected, the application will ask you if you would like to reply to each incoming SMS text message. If not selected, then you will not be prompted for a reply.
2. Hands Free Mode: When selected, Hands-Free SMS will automatically turn on your screen, bring the app to the foreground, and start reading your incoming SMS (or ask you if you want it read to you if the next option is selected). When you are done interacting with Hands-Free SMS, the screen will automatically turn off. This setting provides a completely hands free experience without the necessity of keeping the screen on all the time. It is great for saving battery life! When this option is not selected, a notification will be added to the notification bar which you can click on to hear the SMS.
3. Auto Read New SMS: If selected, Hands-Free SMS will automatically read all incoming SMS text messages to you without asking if you would like it read first. When not selected, you will be told who the incoming text message is from, and asked if you want it read to you.
4. Automatic Reply: When selected, Hands-Free SMS will automatically reply to all received SMS messages (only if the app is enabled) with a message of your choosing.
5. Auto Start on SMS: When selected, if the app is not running already, it will provide a notification you can click on to have new SMS messages read aloud.
6. Enable Bluetooth Mode: When selected, the app will connect to a hands free device (headset, car adapter) and perform all speaking and voice recognition functions through that. If no Bluetooth device is available, the app will use the phones speaker as always.
Required Permissions (and why):
1. RECEIVE_SMS/SEND_SMS: Needed so the app can read and send SMS messages.
2. READ_SMS/WRITE_SMS: These permissions allow the app to save outgoing SMS messages to you SMS mailbox just as the standard android SMS application does.
3. READ_CONTACTS: This permission allows the app to read your contacts so that when an SMS text message is received, it can tell you by name who the SMS is from.
4. RECORD_AUDIO: This permission is used by the speech recognizer functionality of the app.
5. WAKE_LOCK: This permission is required to allow the app to turn the screen on in hands free mode.
6. BLUETOOTH/MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Required for Bluetooth connectivity.
Tags: hands free sms, hands free sms4, instead of texting your writing it freehand, handsfree sms для, como se usa el free sms, que debo de hacer si no sale verificar codigo en freesms.
-Bug fix to address an issue in Andorid KitKat that was preventing Bluetooth connectivity from working on some phones.
-Update pop-up UI in landscape mode per user request.
-App now returns to previous screen once done with an incomming SMS per user request.